Rooting my Note 5?

Samuel Moren

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi all, it has been a long time since I was here. Many years ago I used to frequent this forum daily and root every phone I had.

Since I got the Note 3 I stopped rooting and downloading ROMs, etc.

I would like to root my Note 5 so that I can use an app that will help me in using my PS4 controller in emulator apps without the absolutely annoying lag that makes it not worth bothering.

I do not want to have to set my phone up again if I can get away with it, so not doing a factory reset during the process would be awesome. (or a way to back everything up and then restore it exactly as it is).

Can anyone point me in the right direction to get started please, I would greatly appreciate it!

Have a fantastic week!!

Sam

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Do you use Samsung Pay? If so, you will not be able to ever use it again if you root.

If you are still willing to root and willing to take the risk, then you might want to check out these instructions on XDA.

Samuel Moren

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I do not use Samsung Pay and have no desire to do so. I have rooted before, it has just been a long while. I do not plan to use a ROM created by someone else. I would just like to be able to uninstall some bloatware and be able to use programs like Titanium Backup and Sixaxis Controller.

Samuel Moren

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Okay, It took the last 4 hours but I managed to break it and then fix it, and ended up having to restore to factory lol

Now I am so stressed out and happy at the same time (I thought I was screwed there for a while) that I am in tears :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude