Google says my phone has viruses?

A

AC Question

Google keeps popping up that my phone is infected with viruses but I have tried many anti virus apps and they say no threats or viruses detected and my phones is safe, even the one I have on my phone now which is the one I trust the most and have it on all devices, the avast anti virus app but it keeps popping up every now and again that I have viruses and should download this app to fix it, Is it a fake threat? I'm not sure and need help.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Yes, it is a scareware lie, and certainly not from Google. Try Safe Mode, to test whether it is coming from a third-party app.
If no go, get back to us.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Have had in safe mode but nothing has come up since then
Welcome as a new member. :)

In that case, take it out of Safe Mode and rid the phone of suspect apps. Start with the last one installed - unless that is obviously a good one - and work backwards until the problem stops. By 'rid the phone', I mean go to Settings, Apps, All, scroll to suspect app, Clear Cache, Clear Data, Force Stop, and Uninstall.

Gina3106

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site
No suspect apps can take off, all are safe and had after the pop up came up,the only ones I suspect are when I go on Google chrome and Internet app

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
If it's only popping up when on Chrome or other browser apps, then it's most likely from the sites you're visiting, not an app. Adult, pirating, and click bait sites are most known for this. Clear the notice and ignore it. Google has no built in virus checking for your phone, so it would never pop that up even if you were infected.

tonyr6

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
My mothers phone had this issue and she though she was infected. I just forced closed and deleted the app data from the Chrome browser app and it is fine now.