Can't send messages with keyboard on

kukismoran

Jul 30, 2016
Visit site
On my Samsung Galaxy Edge S7, I can't send messages or post any text as long as the keyboard is still on my screen. When I want to reply to a text or whatsapp message, I type it and then I have to back arrow to make the keyboard disappear or I can't send the message. Same for posting on Facebook and other apps. This just started a day or two ago and I don't recall any recent updates to my phone. The only unusual thing was that my gallery reached the maximum number of pictures so I cleaned up a lot to make that problem go away. Any help would be much appreciated!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Try clearing the cache for the keyboard application by going into system settings - applications - sort by all - keyboard (find the keyboard you are using) - clear cache.

kukismoran

Jul 30, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for the tip! Unfortunately, keyboard does not show up on the list of apps, even when I set it to show system apps. Any other ideas? Thanks again!

e_gardner78

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
On my Samsung Galaxy Edge S7, I can't send messages or post any text as long as the keyboard is still on my screen. When I want to reply to a text or whatsapp message, I type it and then I have to back arrow to make the keyboard disappear or I can't send the message. Same for posting on Facebook and other apps. This just started a day or two ago and I don't recall any recent updates to my phone. The only unusual thing was that my gallery reached the maximum number of pictures so I cleaned up a lot to make that problem go away. Any help would be much appreciated!

I am having the same problem for a few days. I have tried many things including rebooting the phone, clearing cache, force stopping the keyboard, and resetting the keyboard settings. My phone had been full of pictures, but I took them off a few weeks ago. Short of a hard reset, I don't know anything else to get this function back. So frustrating!

Geodude87

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for the tip! Unfortunately, keyboard does not show up on the list of apps, even when I set it to show system apps. Any other ideas? Thanks again!

Try looking for Samsung keyboard if you are using the default. Although, I tried clearing the data and cache on my S7 with the same send issue to no avail

e_gardner78

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
So, after resetting get the keyboard settings and all those other things, I rebooted my phone (not hard reset). My message+ app said it wasn't working so I hit wait. Now it's working to send again. Weird. I had deleted a few unnecessary messages, too. Not sure if that did it or not. Hope it helps.

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
I have found a solution just uninstall moments or set in settings--allow the application to be on top --set it to be off

I think the culprit is in moments app from facebook.

So, after resetting get the keyboard settings and all those other things, I rebooted my phone (not hard reset). My message+ app said it wasn't working so I hit wait. Now it's working to send again. Weird. I had deleted a few unnecessary messages, too. Not sure if that did it or not. Hope it helps.

IronOreDog

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
WE HAVE A WINNER! Thank you- Turning off the Facebook Moments screen overlay in Applications Manager> More> Apps that can... corrected this issue.

Jason Skaria

Aug 11, 2016
Visit site
Thank you Sonny! I had the same problem and uninstalling and re-installing Moments worked for me. Couldn't find the setting to not have Moments on top.