Creating Google Calendar reminders/tasks with S Voice doesn't show on Google Calendar app

lanten22

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
creating google calendar reminders/tasks with S Voice doesn't show on Google Calendar APP

I have Sprint Galaxy S4 with 5.0.1. I'm trying to add a reminder/task (the same thing pretty much), creating the reminder USING S VOICE on the phone. The problem is the reminder shows up on the stock Google Calendar app, but NOT on the "official" Google Calendar app.

Oddly enough, if I use the S Voice to create a "New Event", it DOES show up on the "Official" Google Calendar app.

However, if I create the reminder/task MANUALLY, it DOES show up on both the GC app and on the stock app.

I have "all calendars" checked in the stock calendar options to "show". It does sync okay otherwise.

PS Spoke with Google and with Samsung and with Sprint -- no solution or answer why this is happening.

thanks for any help

cpaight

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: creating google calendar reminders/tasks with S Voice doesn't show on Google Calendar APP

Assuming that by "stock Google Calendar" you're actually referring to the calendar included by Samsung instead of the actual Google Calendar app. Since you're using S-Voice, a Samsung service, they want you to be tied to their other services, hence the Samsung calendar. Try disabling it and making Google Calendar your default. Or use Google Now for voice commands and it should no issue writing to the Google Calendar.

lanten22

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
Re: creating google calendar reminders/tasks with S Voice doesn't show on Google Calendar APP

thanks cpaight

I just submitted a detailed response but it didn't go through and I lost the whole thing.

I don't have the patience to recreate my explanation.

I did notice though that there were 2 instances of "calendar: (the stock Samsung one) in the Application Manager. ONE of them had the option to "disable" which I did, but that didn't help.

The one odd thing though still is that I can use the S Voice to create an EVENT and that DOES show up in GC APP. It's only if I create a REMINDER/TASK with S voice that it will not show up in the GC APP (although it IS in the stock calendar and also on the desktop GC on PC).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20