New to android. Few app suggestions to get mw rolling.

darkhawk

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
Android question
Looking for app suggestions

I just cam form bb10 and I'm having trouble. It's an Xperia x performance. Looking for quick help to get me started

Looking forward. Few things

Full touch is hard too. Excuse mistakes.

Browser switch to a reader mode. Easier to see with no adds. Better on the eyes. On my berry I just pressed r. Too easy used feature every time I read off browser.

Read out load.
I often see articles on line that on my berry I would use often to just dictate the article to me while doing dishes for example.

Spell check. On the berry all words I spell wrong where underlined in red, I could add to dictionary or change to proper spelling.

File manager to see internal and sd card.

Video player. For video from sd card.

I am using Google keyboard. I turned off swift key whats yor favorite.

Basic features like these seem to be a challenge. I would appreciate the help. I miss bb10 already but it ain't an option.

Thank you I appreciate the help. I'll need to move view and help. I have figured some out but it's not Ben fun. I miss bb10

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums.

I like Solid Explorer as a file manager. I can't remember if there is a free version.

Spell check....Google keyboard has a spell check. Does the same thing: underlines misspelled words in red, and you can add words to the dictionary. You need to longpress the word in order to add it.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums.

Browser. If you're after a light, easy browser you could try Atlas.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e.../apps/details?id=nextapp.atlas&token=bKpw72kr

But if you really like a good experience reading lots of articles from the net you should consider an app like Pocket. It's great, you can share your articles between different devices and make them available offline.

Player. One of the most popular is MX Player.

File Explorer. +1 for Solid Explorer. There's a free trial version valid for two weeks. Worth a try.

Keyboard. I've using SwiftKey for years but after the latest version switched back to Google keyboard.

darkhawk

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
Thank-you
I want to get some comfort here in Android. I was active in the crack berry and loved 10
I know these post s can be annoying I appreciate your time. I look into the suggestions. Sure is different

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Thank-you
I want to get some comfort here in Android. I was active in the crack berry and loved 10
I know these post s can be annoying I appreciate your time. I look into the suggestions. Sure is different
No problem, feel free to ask anything you need.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca