Remote control android device

buurin

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I am looking for a way to remote control my android device (Motorola Xoom & Motorola Droid). I assume this will have to occur via Bluetooth but I am open to any option (wifi?)

I'd like the following functionality in the remote:

- Launch Music Player
- Launch Maps / Navigation
- Play / Pause / Next Track / Previous track
- Launch Voice Search
- Launch text search

The official motorola Xoom bluetooth keyboard has physical buttons for many of these operations (maybe not navigation or voice search) but this device is far too large to use as a 'remote'

My ideal situation would be to find a small bluetooth remote designed for something like this.

I've been looking at getting a Wiimote and the app that allows you to map its keys to keystrokes. Are there keyboard shortcuts for these operations?

I also noticed many of the keyboard shortcuts require the 'Search' key (i.e. Search+'b' launches the browser). What if I got a generic bluetooth keyboard without a 'Search' key - what is the alternative keypress?

Thanks

bsborden

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I too would like to remote control my Android tablet (Toshiba Thrive) - specifically to page through a pdf presentation. I would love to use my Android phones (Nexus 1/S) to do the control - presumably via Bluetooth. So why hasn't anyone created an app to turn an Android device (phone/tablet) into a Bluetooth HID client device. Perhaps a mouse/touchpad/keyboard. Can an Android device act as a Bluetooth client device?

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
This device, Amazon.com: Logitech Mini Controller for Logitech Revue and Google TV: Electronics, and others like it seem to have some of the functionality you are looking for. However, I have NO idea as to it's compatibility with Android devices. Just saw this post and remembered this mini remote. I thought they were pretty cool when I was considering building a media box. But, now I use my phone. And, I'd rather just save the money and get up and interact with my phone. Still pretty neat though.

This post reminds me that I want to look into the Wii Remote interacting with my phone, so, thanks!! Hehe.

ericwongcm

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I am looking for a way to remote control my android device (Motorola Xoom & Motorola Droid).
I'd like the following functionality in the remote:

- Launch Music Player
- Launch Maps / Navigation
- Play / Pause / Next Track / Previous track
- Launch Voice Search
- Launch text search

Try
Droidmote
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...d=org.videomap.droidmoteserver&token=AfLoZFF2

Tablet Remote
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...?id=com.tournesol.tabletremote&token=0brwnrYP

LANmote
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s?id=com.portable.LANmote.Lite&token=It7WH_GY

shakabuti

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
SOTI is releasing Pocket Controller for Samsung Android devices tomorrow. This is a remote control app with a lot of other productivity features like screen capture, video recording, scripts, file sync, printing and more.

ericwongcm

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
SOTI is releasing Pocket Controller for Samsung Android devices tomorrow. This is a remote control app with a lot of other productivity features like screen capture, video recording, scripts, file sync, printing and more.

Well, I don't see anything yet...
You have a link?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2