How to stop Application Updates Pausing Youtube app

V-Teck

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
Every time I get an app update, if I have youtube playing, it'll pause, even if it's not the youtube app that's being updated. This isn't that much of an issue, except when I have 9 updates... 9 pauses for each app. It sucks. I have the nexus 5, with latest OS. Is there anyway to turn this off?

Last edited:

V-Teck

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
What?? Why?? Do you also have the nexus 5? Or it's the same across other devices? This really sucks. Is there any workaround to it?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Same across devices. I have it on my Tab S, I've had it on every phone I can remember. I think the problem is that the update takes over 'focus' so video apps that can't run in the background just pause the video, 'thinking' that you're using a different app. Maybe this'll go away with MultiWindow support in Nougat.

V-Teck

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
Arghh, that's what I wanted to avoid doing. Because I can't schedule updates to be at a specific time, can I?

Last edited:

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
No, but you can turn off auto-updates and then just update manually when you know you're not watching videos.

I prefer apps not to update automatically so that I know which ones are updating and see if a bug I'm having is fixed (if it updates automatically a couple of times I might miss it).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20