Note 5 Locked out. Business phone, former employee.

Brandon Moore6

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
So I work in our service driven IT department, fixing computer problems, phone problems, laptops, and so on scooby dooby do.

We have a 6 month old Note 5 that we gave to an employee and he locked it down with his google account before getting terminated. We've been trying to get it unlocked and I have tried almost every mean that I know of. Reimage, backdoor apps, and so on. Is there anything we can do? Can google, verizon (the carrier) or even samsung help in this case?

Has anyone dealt with this before? Surely there has to be someway for a business to show proof of purchase and get the phone unlocked.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
So I work in our service driven IT department, fixing computer problems, phone problems, laptops, and so on scooby dooby do.

We have a 6 month old Note 5 that we gave to an employee and he locked it down with his google account before getting terminated. We've been trying to get it unlocked and I have tried almost every mean that I know of. Reimage, backdoor apps, and so on. Is there anything we can do? Can google, verizon (the carrier) or even samsung help in this case?

Has anyone dealt with this before? Surely there has to be someway for a business to show proof of purchase and get the phone unlocked.

Did you ask the employee to unlock it? Yes he was terminated, but would hope they would unlock it and remove their google info.

Brandon Moore6

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
Ok, so the former employee is willing to meet with me to unlock the phone. Which begs the question, are their solutions for businesses to install their own overlay or security in some fashion to have overide controls in these sort of situations?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm