AC App: Can't post threads or reply unless I uninstall/reinstall...

shaw1234

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I haven't been active on these forums for a long while, but just got a Note 7 on AT&T and now diving back into the forums. The AC app works great for news and continues to work well, however...
If I try to post a new thread or reply to a thread, it doesn't work. If I uninstall/reinstall and log in it lets me post. After that, even though I'm still logged in, I get an error saying I am not logged in or don't have permissions to post. Any fix?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I typically use the Forums app for the forums, and the AC app for articles. I know it's not much of a solution...sorry.

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I can confirm that this became a problem in the roll out that landed last week. 99% certain it's a permissions issue within the app, here's what I did to troubleshoot/failed to resolve issue:

• Initially thought this was an issue with my account (somehow) being linked through Facebook, so I started a new account with my G+ - same result with new account.
  • Thought it might have been something that got messed up when updating, cleared cache - same result after cache cleared
  • Uninstalled and Reinstalled the App- same issue
  • Upgraded my phone over the weekend (went from a Galaxy Note 5 to a Galaxy Note 7) - same issue on the new phone

Hope that helps!

Jack

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad