Files showing on download history but not in 'Downloads' folder. Weird situation,Please read details

PCnoob

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Hello all.

I've stumbled upon such a weird situation. This has never happened to me before, and I can't seem to find what is the problem.

So I've downloaded a .pdf file on my Samsung GrandMax android phone. When I click on 'My Files' and then 'Device Storage'/'SD card' and then look for my file in 'Downloads' of both, it doesn't show - I cannot find it.

It's weird because when I go to 'My Files' and then 'Download history' it is there and when I click on the file, it opens up fine. It's just that, I can't seem to find it on the phone...

Please help, it's quite urgent..
Thanks in advance.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Where did you download the PDF from, and what app did you use to to download it? Was it the browser?

In the Download History section where you do see the file, what happens if you long-press it? Do you get a menu option to show more information about the file (including the directory path where it's stored)?

PCnoob

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I downloaded the file on chrome browser, can't remember the site..

I tried going back to 'download history' after reading your reply, and when clicking on the file, it now says, the file cannot be found.... with "retry" option and "delete"...
If I long press the file, it only shows the "share" icon and "delete" icon.

Oh my...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
GSDer suggested installing a file manager app in the other thread where you're discussing this. My recommendation would be Total Commander, which is free, ad-free, and powerful. Use that file manager to look in the actual Download directory (the actual directory name should be something like /storage/sdcard0/Download). Do you see the files there?