phones won't connect to wi-fi

NicoleW78

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
We have 4 android phones at our house (2 HTC Wildfires and 2 HTC Arias). All four phones have been working flawlessly with the home wifi. Until today. For no reason at all, none of the phones will connect to the wifi. Nothing has changed. The phones have not been updated, the we haven't touched the router or the modem. Just to double check that the password hadn't been hacked, I fired up my laptop, and it's working great. The phones will "see" the signal, and report that it's excellent, they just won't connect.

I've tried battery pulls, recycling the wifi setting on the phones, resetting the router, changing the security type, double and triple checking passwords, and the only thing that would allow them to connect was to remove all security from my router and make it an open network. They connected to that just fine, but it's not something I'm comfortable leaving.

Thoughts? This is driving me crazy.

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
This is what I would do:

• Delete ("forget") your home ssid on your Android
  • Turn off wifi on your Android
  • Turn off the modem if you have one
  • Unplug the router for 30 seconds
  • Turn on the modem if you have one
  • After the modem is fully operational, plug back in the router
  • After the router wifi is fully running, turn on wifi on your Android
  • Reconnect to it by supplying the password.

NicoleW78

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
BSG75, I had done all of that last night. Several times, in fact. Sometime about 2am, they decided they were going to start working again. (I had given up at that point, and only noticed because the Aria which doesn't have data yet, had an email notification beep.) They were working absolutely fine this morning. I'm completely stumped.

Dom Chetbundit

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
This is first time getting Samsung Smart Phone, at home we have 3 iPhone 4iPad 3Mac everything are connected to Verizon Modem but the new Samsung galaxy4 Core will not connect to Verizon modem HELP!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
This is first time getting Samsung Smart Phone, at home we have 3 iPhone 4iPad 3Mac everything are connected to Verizon Modem but the new Samsung galaxy4 Core will not connect to Verizon modem HELP!

I assume you've already tried what BSG75 suggested?

"This is what I would do:

Delete ("forget") your home ssid on your Android
Turn off wifi on your Android
Turn off the modem if you have one
Unplug the router for 30 seconds
Turn on the modem if you have one
After the modem is fully operational, plug back in the router
After the router wifi is fully running, turn on wifi on your Android
Reconnect to it by supplying the password."

If none of this works, try changing the security mode of your router (e.g., from WPA to WEP or vice-versa, or from AES to TKIP or vice-versa). As a last resort, see what happens if you temporarily turn off all security on your router, to see if that's what's causing the problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livinlavidaloca