Constant "android.phone.com" not responding error...please help!!

maralie1184

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
First time poster, super long time reader...

I'm suddenly getting the "unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped" every other minute on my Galaxy Note 5. (Carrier: AT&T but service is not active at the moment) After the error pops up, the phone vibrates once, sometimes twice. It's extremely annoying, not to mention that it disables the phone from working... I went online, read that I should delete the data from the phone app. I did. No luck... I also read that I could try wiping the cache partition, so I tried that too... Again, no luck... I went back into the application manager and noticed that I had 3 different "phone" apps - all with different version numbers and different amounts of data. 2 of the 3 had used 30ish mbs of data in the last 3 hours, which I found interesting because the stock phone app hasn't been used in weeks. (phone is disconnected due to being poor)... I'm not sure if this is important or relevant to the problem, but still weird...

This just started today. This morning, I couldn't find my phone, so I went on to the device manager site and tried to ring it from there. I'm assuming this is what caused my problem because when I tried it again while having the phone in front of me, each time I tapped ring, I got an error... Not the phone error, but a Google play services has stopped error. (I initially did this from work, so I don't know what happened immediately after trying to ring it the first time).
I REALLY don't want to have to do a factory reset. I will if I have no other option, but I'm hoping there's another fix that I'm just not aware of yet...
Does anyone know how to resolve this? I'm *this close* from throwing my phone against the wall at this point!

Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Since you're not using the cell radio, try turning on Airplane Mode, which turns off the cell radio completely. You can always turn wi-fi and Bluetooth back on in Airplane Mode.

You can also try booting into Safe Mode to see if some 3rd party app might be the culprit: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-27639. Wiping the system cache partition (which doesn't erase personal data) is also a good troubleshooting step: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-27659

notacoach

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
I don't have a full solution but I have been facing the same problem with my HTC m9 since the Tmo Android security patch came out two weeks ago. Factory reset didn't help; manual install of ROM (recommended by HTC support) didn't help.

The only partial solution I've found is to reset all apps to defaults in settings. That means granting permissions again on an app by app basis which is a major pain, but it does bring back phone and data connection... at least until the next reboot. :-/

I keep hoping somebody has a proper solution for this, as it's maddening!

notacoach

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
FIXXXXED!!!!!!!!!

It's a pain, but cache partition wipe>factory reset>cache partition wipe>reboot finally cleaned it up. In fact , some things that have NEVER worked are great now! A major faff, but worth it in the end

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis