Customising sounds

wallet7

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
I have an i-Mobile IQ 5.7 (Thai marketed, think produced in China?) using Jelly Bean, in “Android version” it says 4.3.

I’m really a PC user, not too conversant with mobile devices.
My question is regarding the sound files for notifications - it seems to go from Adara to Zirconium.
I use Bluemail and would like to personalise the sound level for one of these sounds. I can’t see how to do it in the Bluemail info, so thought if I could add my own personal sound file that would get around it.
Is it possible to add a sound file into the folder with all the others (wherever it’s located), or am I barking up the wrong tree completely?

r_albu

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
I think you can try this: create a folder inside your SDcard with the name Notifications or Ringtones and put your sound files in there. I've done this before and don't quite remember how I've done it. But I've these two folders on my internal memory (galaxy Nexus doesn't have an SDcard slot) and have custom sound on alarms, notifications and ringtones.
My two cents... hope it helps.

wallet7

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for replying, although I've done this in the past and have a folder as you've described already.

This is fine when the app gives you the option to select an alternative location, however, bluemail doesn't. It only offers the main sounds folder to select from. That's why I was trying to find out if I could access it and add to it. If so, are these sounds in mp3 or some other format?

r_albu

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
I don't quite remember, because I've done it the first time long ago. Nevertheless, every time I install a new ROM those ringtones, alarms, etc., are there available along with the default ones: I don't have to look for an alternative location. I thought that the apps assume those folders on SD card also as "default".
My sound files are in *.ogg format (though I've two files in mp3 format...). And they are in two folders from root (sdcard): Notifications and Ringtones.

wallet7

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
I wish my Andriod did the same!
If for instance, I want to change the ringtone, I go to Audio Profiles>General>Sim1> when I click on "Voice Call Ringtone", I am ask to select "System ringtone" or "External ringtone". The latter then offers all audio files in all formats on my SD card.

It's the Bluemail app that only offers all the pre-installed sound files, henece my asking a) where the location is, and b) can I access it and add additional files in that folder.

r_albu

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Ok, I see. Sorry for not being more helpful. I don't use Bluemail, so maybe someone that uses it come with a solution. All the best

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad