My Bush 5" Android won't connect to my PC!!!

Paddyarnott

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
My Bush 5" Android won't connect to my PC and I have no idea why. I am wanting to root it so I can do more but have no idea if I can or not due to it not being recognised by my PC! Any help is appreciated!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Have you tried a different USB cable? Some cables are for charging only, and have no data transfer wires.

Also, when you connect via USB, swipe down the notification panel--is there a USB notification there? If so, tap it and make sure MTP is selected. You might also need to make sure USB Debugging is turned on in the Developer Options (to turn those on, go to Settings>About Tablet and tap Build Version 7 times).

Paddyarnott

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Have you tried a different USB cable? Some cables are for charging only, and have no data transfer wires.

Also, when you connect via USB, swipe down the notification panel--is there a USB notification there? If so, tap it and make sure MTP is selected. You might also need to make sure USB Debugging is turned on in the Developer Options (to turn those on, go to Settings>About Tablet and tap Build Version 7 times).

I have tried multiple cables and all my pc says is that the device is not recognised. I set it to MTP and USB Debugging has been both off and on and neither have worked!

pbike908

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
Sometimes I have found with Windows that if I connect/disconnect a phone or Garmin GPS or something like that too quickly that is messes up windows and I can't connect anything.

Try disconnecting the device. Then restart Windows. Then connect the phone to the computer -- preferably to a USB port that outputs power as you can then see if the phone will start charging as if it starts charging then you know at least you have something. And then wait about 30 seconds to see if any Windows message pops up. If no message pops up, open up file manager in Windows and see if it shows the phone as an external drive.

I have seen this problem with Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and even 10. That is if I am inpatient Windows doesn't find the device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool