[Member's Tips & Tricks] Sending MMS via 4G LTE

anon(9983233)

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Just an observation this past weekend that I wanted to share. There has been a growing list of AC member who have reported that they can't send images via MMS text service. being one of those.. I discovered that it's all in the way the phone is setup. Turns out I didn't have the "Mobile Data" settings turn on.

So what does this do?.. Not really sure, except when the mobile data was off, We struggled to keep a wifi connection.. and it would never send an images via text message. but after this weekend an while on the road.. we left the mobile settings on and what a relief. We kept a strong signal to and through the country side of Maryland and PA.

The odd thing here and even though we didn't have a good cell signal nor did we have a good wifi connection.. with the Mobile data setting on, We noticed that the "4G LTE" symbol was always on. For nearly 300 miles we kept a signal of our current location (GPS) even sent images to other's on our contacts for the first time via MMS. again what a relief this turned out to be cause for about 20 miles (while following a utility truck) I thought he was our hotspot and the reason we could access this service. But wasn't the case.

The system work flawlessly, every turn we took, every bridge we crossed and every router was so clear and actuate and it was all because I never had the Mobile data settings adjusted to access the 4G network. So next time you have trouble sending an image or file via text messenger.. make sure you have the mobile data settings on and not limited.

Lastly and one key point.. Now that we're home.. we turned off the mobile data settings because we're not within range of any 4g signals. Perhaps our home's wifi settings are over riding this 4G option.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I haven't really seen enough of the threads you're talking about, but you are correct. SMS and MMS are typically only sent via your mobile data signal (doesn't have to be 4G specifically), not Wi-Fi. Carriers are starting to implement Wi-Fi texting, but you may have to manually activate it on your end to use it. I personally don't bother with it, nor Wi-Fi calling for that matter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol