Xolo Black (2GB RAM) Device Screen Display went to Blank / Black.

amitd44

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Hi Everyone !
Suddenly my Xolo Black (2GB RAM) device screen went to Blank / Black. but, device run as normal in background. all Call ringtones, sms tones and other notification tones are as well as good. even browser running and play store run already I checked by using Vysor (Chrome app). my phone was rooted and twrp enabled and using Hive developer ROM -V2.
I think if I flash original stock firmware, may be it would be become normal. So, I try to flash by using Qfil flash tool (3/4 Times). but, there was failed (Failed to switch to emergency download mode / failed to edl / system exception / firehose fail etc.
there aftre I made factory reset by using adb command and flash recovery.img (From Developer Rom - V2). but, I can not see anything due to device display is black.
Now, sometime display coming for few seconds and there after start bricking.
actually I am not an expert. so, I can not understand what actually happens? I tried to root through play store app (KingRoot / Kingoroot / one click root / frama root app). result nothing. Tried through adb & Fastboot, but, I am unable to flash SuperSU. because device screen not shown anything (Display come with Xolo Logo and goes to black).
I need help from everyone to solve this issues. your suggestion I will take from my heart. Pls. help.
Thanking You.Have a Nice day.

Screenshot (45).png
Screenshot (54).png
Screenshot (56).png
Screenshot (63).png

Last edited:

amitd44

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
I think it's more likely to be a hardware problem.

May be you are right. but, I was contacted to Xolo care and sent a video with faced problem. they told to flash official firmware. Bcoz it's a remote partition problem or bricked problem.
So, I think to be need...........(it's not final decision. I need everyone suggestion here)
1) Root the device in fastboot mode. but I am unable to go recovery and flash the SuperSU and normal reboot the device on twrp.
2) flash the ROM (Official)) if I can't done root the device. otherwise flash a Custom ROM if the device root done.
you are most welcome to more suggestion. thank you.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I am inclined to agree this is a hardware issue as well. Did the instructions say anything about ensuring the bootloader is unlocked?

amitd44

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
I am inclined to agree this is a hardware issue as well. Did the instructions say anything about ensuring the bootloader is unlocked?

Yes. Device bootloader is unlocked by using adb fastboot and flash recovery TWRP-3.0.2-2. but unable to install SuperSU. I will try again today to flash SuperSU.
Screenshot (69).png

Last edited:

amitd44

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Can you show a screenshot of the files you downloaded for the stock ROM?

Sir, sorry, I can't understood your comment. which file you needed to see? screenshot from mobile (already installed in handset)? or from Laptop (like to flash for original firmware)?
Please suggest me for next. below attached screenshots for original firmware zip inside.

Screenshot (70).png
Screenshot (71).png

I would like to flash this firmware. but, I m using now black_stock_14102015 ROM. which has placed by HIVE Developers and it's a custom ROM.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
The files above do not like like they are anything the TWRP can handle. They look like a ROM packaged for to follow a specific OEM's own recovery process. You'll need to follow the instructions of either the manufacturer, or the instructions laid out by whomever packaged that custom ROM..... that doesn't appear at all to be an AOSP based custom ROM... it looks like someone took the stock ROM and modified it. So there is most likely a specific tool to load it.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I was honestly so confused by the file setup I had to call in LeoRex. I am not sure what to suggest for flashing this aside from a specific tool, like he suggested. I am not sure fastboot commands will work, or if they do, a lot of those duplicate files, like the system, and the userdata, will have to be flashed one at a time.

amitd44

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Lots of thanks to both of you.
I m not confused and not in tension. because I know that I m in Right place and under right persons.
previous screenshots was original firmware of Xolo Black. But, Here I attached which ROM I m using now. This is a custom ROM, Provided by Xolo Hive developers. It's working just an update. I attached here as a 7Zip folder for your better information and next suggestion for me. another topic, I have tried to flash Original (Official) firmware (Xolo_Black_HIVE_S20_V1_V200_150703_(by_xdafirmware.com) by using QPST & QDloader - 9008. but, there wasn't shown my device (In Device Manager) as Qualcomm HS USB 9008. There was shown device as Qualcomm HS USB Diagnostic 903A and No-2, after switch to download button, result was "Download Fail". reason - Failed to find QDloader port after switch.
I am waiting for your next suggestion. Thank you.

Screenshot (74).png

Sorry Sir, I tried to attached a 7.Zip / Zip folder. but, there wasn't upload successfully. (There was 12 Screenshots)

Attachments

• Screenshot (75).png
    Screenshot (75).png
    50.1 KB · Views: 5

amitd44

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Can Xolo provide a stock file for you to reflash?

Sir, Very very sorry to say the Xolo developers doesn't reply any question or they doesn't help to their consumers after purchased any xolo device. we tried to bring back their attraction through forum (hiveinsde.com > forum > black series) but, till 14th months we haven't get any help from them. they only provided "how to unlock bootloader & how to root". from last 14th months they hasn't gave any update / upgrade for Black series. we purchased with android 5.0 version and till we are in 5.0 version. where another company already gave their consumers on upgrade android Marshmallow 6.0. if you open the hive forum, you can see " they are not attend on forum and doesn't seen any comment or question for help". they catch only devices sell target in market. and for this reason "Xolo rank get down in android market.
So, I would not like to ask any question in xolo forum even the device would be through out into water. I already created a link with you and your forum. and wish to solve from here.
Thank you.

Cooler299

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
So the error occurred when you were using the phone or when you were installing a ROM? Is your phone working? Meaning if you boot you get calls now? If you do get calls ie if the phone is working and the display is Black then probably the Display is gone. Trying to install any ROM or firmware won't help if the display is gone.

Also you said something about the display turning on in between. So either the display connections inside might have some fault or the display might have actually gone. Go to their Repair center and ask them to check for any connection fault or the display fault.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech