Phone not picked up by PC

iggyb_hube

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I have a problem in that when I connect my phone (HTC Wildfire running OS 2.1) I am not getting the device being picked up by the PC. I have installed HTC Synch 2.0.40 and it still does not pick up the device. I have set the device to HTC Synch in the phone's menu options "Settings > Connect to PC > Htc Sync".

What am I doing wrong?

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Do you want it to sync contacts or just read as an external drive?
Uninstall HTC Sync from the PC, put your device into storage mode and see if windows will search for the drivers on it's own.

iggyb_hube

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Tried that already

Do you want it to sync contacts or just read as an external drive?
Uninstall HTC Sync from the PC, put your device into storage mode and see if windows will search for the drivers on it's own.

I want to read the phone and the SD card as external drives. I had the phone on storage mode before and thought it would pick up and it does not. At some point in time, I could see the phone but not the SD card. :(

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Uninstall everything HTC on your PC.
Reboot your computer and your phone.
Make sure they are not connected.
After that, plug device into the computer.

iggyb_hube

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Issue resolves

Uninstall everything HTC on your PC.
Reboot your computer and your phone.
Make sure they are not connected.
After that, plug device into the computer.

Thanks. I uninstalled HTC Synch and tried again. It did not work. I then remembered that I lost my data cable that came with the phone and bought a new one. It has charging functionality but no data access. Got a new cable and issue is now resolved.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000