I need a new phone, I just don't know which one

Mike Vinny Roma

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
Recently my Sony Xperia Z3 back panel got shattered resulting in the screen not working. So, I need a new phone, but there are so many great ones out there, I just don't know which one to pick. So far, I've narrowed it down to 4 phones with a wide variety of features and prices (I live in Canada so the prices will be in Canadian dollars). These four phones are the Huawei Honor 8 (blue, 584 $CAD), the Sony Xperia XZ (blue, about 925 $CAD), the LG V20 (about 1050 $CAD) or the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 (blue or black, 1050 $CAD). Or should I also consider the Pixel phones which come are released next Tuesday (October 4, 2016)?

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
That's entirely your call. Go to a phone shop and play with the devices to see which one you like the feel of. They are all amazing machines!

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
If you're having trouble pickinga phone because they all have features you like, it may help to narrow things down by looking at their negatives. For example, you'll never catch me with the Note 7. No removable battery, no IR blaster, horrible sounding speaker, way too slippery with the glass back, and the curved edges mess with full screen images/video.

On the other hand, I'm currently leaning towards the V20. The only downside for my tastes is the bootloop issue from the G4 line and hoping it's not going to pop up again. Between the two, I'd rather have a phone that does what I like at the small risk of extra warranty claims than one that has almost no features I'd really love and a lot of functional negatives.

Your situation could obviously be different depending on your priorities.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800