Sync question from I Phone Convert

mineralcobra

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I am newly converted to Android, and am having troubles figuring out how to do some things I Tunes used to do for me. I want to Sync my outlook contacts and calander to my Xoom. My Thunderbolt has an HTC sync program that works resonably well, but I cannot find anything for the Xoom to do the same.

Is there any Google Sync program that performs the same function as Active Sync for MSFT, or I Tunes for CrApple? Seems to me that Android would have some sort of standard sync program by now, well hopefully anyway.

Sean Brunett

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I am newly converted to Android, and am having troubles figuring out how to do some things I Tunes used to do for me. I want to Sync my outlook contacts and calander to my Xoom. My Thunderbolt has an HTC sync program that works resonably well, but I cannot find anything for the Xoom to do the same.

Is there any Google Sync program that performs the same function as Active Sync for MSFT, or I Tunes for CrApple? Seems to me that Android would have some sort of standard sync program by now, well hopefully anyway.

As far as the Calendar sync, have you tried Google Calendar Sync? It's not perfect, but it works reasonably well. On most Android devices, the default Calendar app is Google Calendar (why Outlook calendar isn't an option has always been a question) So if you download Google Calendar Sync to your PC, then your Outlook Calendar will sync to your Google Calendar which will show on your device.

Doc

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
As for syncing your contacts, export them from Outlook and then import them into Gmail. They should then automatically sync with your Xoom if you have it set up that way.

Doc

mineralcobra

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the replies.

HTC Sync does the goods for Outlook, but I dont think it will work with the Xoom. I read in another Thread that Active Sync has been used by some here so I might try that as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze