How to remove a thread.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
We regular member's can only delete our own posts, we can not delete our own threads. If you would like to have a thread deleted, please report it to the Moderation Team (Aquila is their fearless leader). You use the exclamation point in triangle icon found on the upper right hand corner of the post. This ONLY needs to be done for the first post of a thread. As a said you can delete any of your own OTHER posts simply by using the EDIT, then DELETE buttons. :)

ctepu1

Oct 10, 2016
Visit site
aquila - can you check on the referenced thread, because there is another of mine, same ??, and it is still there.
pkcable -any other posts.. those that are not my threads, right? also, there is edit.. no delete thou.

Last edited:

pkcable

Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
golfdriver97 -I checked advanced, is it an icon. There is save or preview only..

Did the system reject the post maybe? I looked at your posting record and I can only see the posts in this thread.

aquila - can you check on the referenced thread, because there is another of mine, same ??, and it is still there.
pkcable -any other posts.. those that are not my threads, right? also, there is edit.. no delete thou.

You can only delete or edit your own posts. IF you have a problem with someone else's posts, then you would also use that report option I mentioned and the Moderators will check out and evaluate the post or thread. If you see spam for example, or a really nasty post, please feel free to report bthem, and the AC Mod staff will be happy to take a look and take any appropriate action. (This will not be reported back to you, but you might notice if the post disappears, lol)

ctepu1

Oct 10, 2016
Visit site
--------------
pkcable:
You can only delete or edit your own posts.

pkcable:
We regular member's can only delete our own posts, we can not delete our own threads.

-------------
..:confused:
Ok, only regular users can remove their own posts..
Go with the triangle, and report it to remove my thread. -Got it. :)

------------

golfdriver97:
Delete is should be in advanced options.

where about because..
There is only edit, save and a (preview in advanced) below the post box..1st thread and any reposts, -even after its posted.
is it a graphic?

--------------
pkcable:
Did the system reject the post maybe?

-to that, refer to my other thread -(how to remove my thread) in Q and A. and no because it's still there.

----------------
pkcable:
IF you have a problem with someone else's posts, then you would also use that report option I mentioned and the Moderators will check out.

Ok, report option. -Got it. :)

Last edited:

pkcable

Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
AH, got it, I see what happened now. Instead of deleting your other thread, it appears like they closed it instead. But I put a request in with them personally, and they have now deleted it. :)

Often the moderators will close redundant threads and link to the other similar thread, BUT the OP (original poster) can always request that the thread be deleted. In MOST, but not all cases this request can be honored. However if it's a very large thread with lots of posts then it most likely can not be deleted. :)

In this case I had the Mods delete your other thread. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX