Samsung Galaxy J5 Recovery issue

SamboyCoding

Oct 24, 2016
Visit site
I'm trying to port TWRP to the galaxy J5, and I've successfully built and flashed a recovery.img file. However, upon booting into recovery, with Power + Home + Vol Up (which works fine with stock recovery) the download mode text comes up in the top-left, but ODIN doesn't recognise the device and the screen doesn't go blue like it should. There is also no confirmation question. Can anyone help? Is this normal samsung behavior if the requested component cannot be loaded?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to port TWRP to the galaxy J5, and I've successfully built and flashed a recovery.img file. However, upon booting into recovery, with Power + Home + Vol Up (which works fine with stock recovery) the download mode text comes up in the top-left, but ODIN doesn't recognise the device and the screen doesn't go blue like it should. There is also no confirmation question. Can anyone help? Is this normal samsung behavior if the requested component cannot be loaded?
Are you sure the recovery was successfully built and flashed? It could be related to something not flashing properly. If you haven't already, I'd suggest taking a look at this XDA thread on how to compile TWRP: [DEV]How to compile TWRP touch recovery | Android Development and Hacking

SamboyCoding

Oct 24, 2016
Visit site
Hello. I'm fairly sure it built correctly - the image is about the right size, and it can be disassembled using UnmkBootimg. The flash in ODIN says pass, and it reboots, signifying that it worked. The thread you referenced is the exact one I was following to port TWRP. I might post there, but I came here first.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol