Tablet Factory Reset Without Volume Keys

hbsaleem

Nov 10, 2016
Visit site
Hello, I have an android tablet. It has a password on it which doesn't allow me to access data from an sd card, open any files on it, etc, it basically limits what I can do. There is a password blocking the storage settings, and so I want to reset it to factory settings to get rid of this. The problem is that the tablet does not have any volume keys to scroll up or down in order to select the correct option in order to restore it.

Here is my question, is there any way to get around this and restore it somehow? Possibly a program or something that would automatically start the restore once plugged in etc? Or if it would be possible to make an sd card in which the tablet could just boot straight from that?

Thanks in advance!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The problem is that the tablet does not have any volume keys to scroll up or down in order to select the correct option in order to restore it.

Here is my question, is there any way to get around this and restore it somehow?
Read the manual (which, unless it's a cheap, no-name Chinese device, is available online if you don't have a copy) to see what's used instead of the missing volume keys. (And how do you change the volume without any keys?)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech