My fingerprint scanner on Redmi Note 3 Pro not working.

pjtwyman

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I have a Xiaomi Redmi Note Pro 3 with their latest version of Android 5.1.1, - Mui Global 8.0 Stable 8.06 (LHOMIDG).

When I purchased the phone in June the fingerprint unlock worked perfectly (better than my Tab S fingerprint unlock) and continued to do so until the last Xiaomi update. Now it simply refuses to work 99% of the time forcing me to use my password to unlock. The fact that it works about 1% suggests the problem is not an intentional outcome of the update. The problem occurs whenever I try to unlock the lockscreen and is not restricted to when first powering up the phone.

I have deleted and re-entered my fingerprints into the Settings and even done a factory reset and restore without solving the problem.

I have looked at the Xiaomi forums but there is little info there other than to reset or ensure the phone has the latest update. Can anyone offer advice how to solve the problem?

pjtwyman

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Sorry about the late reply.

I tried to enter Safe Mode on my Redmi but no luck. Depending on what links you read its too easy or Xiaomi des not have Safe Mode. I tried a couple of ways (as described in links) but simply ended up back at the lockscreen. Eventually I deleted and then rescanned my fingerprints into the Lockscreen Settings and this seems to work - for the moment.

However since I tried rescanning my prints before I am not sure whether this will be a lasting solution. Thanks for your advice . I would be interested if there is a definite way of getting to Safe Mode on my Redmi.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member