Rca Internet sound system tablet stuck on rca logo

Nov 19, 2016
Visit site
My tablet which is part of the rca Internet sound system is stuck on the rca logo. There are no physical volume buttons, only virtual onscreen touch volume or knob volume controls. I have searched for answers everwhere, but haven't found anything remotely helpful. Most people say hard reset or reset into recovery mode....but with no volume buttons I cannot ficure out how. Any answers?

Nov 19, 2016
Visit site
"Rca rc13101t" is the tablet, "rca rc 13101e" is the dock. Every video I see has the person using the pinhole button to choose recovery options since there is no volume rocker. My pinhole does not do it though

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Did you see this Amazon Q&A? https://www.amazon.com/ask/questions/asin/B00GIYYVO8?tag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5571895.

"Mine fails to boot up, can't get past the RCA logo screen. I got it into the Android System Recovery v4.2.01 screen by holding the power button and a paperclip in the hole next to the USB port (hole nearest HDMI port). This seems to work best with the tablet attached to the rest of the sound system. There's a push button switch on the circuit board behind that hole. Unfortunately the default is at the 'reboot system now' selection and I can't find a way to move down to the 'wipe data/factory reset' setting. This is where it must need the volume controls, which the RCS13101T does not have."

It looks like the you'd still be stuck with the problem of no volume buttons to select the various Recovery options, though ...

Nov 19, 2016
Visit site
Yes....actually that q&a is one of the reasons I was discouraged...lol....the pinhole button works for a few people to move the selection as a volume button would, but mine doesn't. Thank you so much for even attempting to help bud.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmmmmm. Does the tablet have a headphone jack? If so, see what happens if you plug in a pair of headphones that include a volume control, and see if those volume buttons work in the Recovery menu.

Nov 19, 2016
Visit site
Tried that and hooking a keyboard and mouse up to it......lol....I mean it's not that expensive but it was a gift from my mom and I don't want to trash it. But without the operating system its pretty useless.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, not sure what to try next. When you're in Recovery, are you making sure to press the pinhole button firmly to see if it moves the selector?

Nov 19, 2016
Visit site
Yeah the pinhole button on mine switches to hurt android screen and back after another press. And yeah I also thought of adb.....but the bridge won't process because the tablet can't approve it from the mode it is in withot the volume button....lol...Aggghhhh! ...haha..sux..