Simple way to change video orientation?

daveziffer

Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm using Android 6 (Marshmallow). I shot a landscape video but must have accidentally started it in portrait mode, so now it displays full-screen only when holding the phone vertically. I should not need to upload the video to some other device and edit it, possibly dropping the resolution, and reload it to the phone. There should be a simple flag somewhere in the video file that tells the phone when to display the video full-screen. I want to simply flip this bit (without reformatting the images) so that the phone knows that this should be displayed full-screen when the phone is held horizontally. The Gallery editor has this feature for still photos, but when I edit a video I get some sort of advanced editor that does a ton of stuff I don't want. All I want is a "change the orientation" button, just like the one that the Gallery editor has for still photos. Am I missing something here, or is there some other software package that will simply flip the "orientation" flag on a video file for me?

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I should not need to upload the video to some other device and edit it
Unfortunately, unless your phone has the software to do it, you're going to have to edit on another device or install software. Video is nothing more than just a bunch of photos shot continuously. Say you recorded a video in 60P, then that's 60 photos taken every second. Even if the video was only 1 second long, you'd still need to change orientation on 60 photos, and that requires encoding. Of course if you just wanted to "watch" the video in landscape mode, there are apps than can force the orientation or are smart enough to track and change the orientation for you. Try MXPlayer on Playstore.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluegarland692