Google won't let me install an app

neet1220

Nov 23, 2016
Visit site
This app im trying to install wont no matter what I do! Ive completed all the steps google gave me 3 times(checking data&ram, wifi, restarting phone etc). But even if I try to download the app off the internet as an apk it wont and also gives me an error issue. Also the error number google gives me is -505. Im completely stuck and really need the app. I have a samsung galaxy s7 32 gb

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
As a safety precaution, Android is defaulted to not allow app installs from "unknown sources." Basically, unless you download directly from Google Play, Amazon's app store, and maybe a select few other places(?), the app will not install. Unless you've manually went into the device options to allow unknown installs, they will be blocked. This also includes downloading the apk's themselves and "side loading" them.

The fact that you mentioned downloading the apk's but not about allowing installs from unknown sources makes me think this may be part of the issue. Have you tried downloading the apps from Play or Amazon?

neet1220

Nov 23, 2016
Visit site
I've tried downloading the app from the app store and off the internet. Also when I click "install" on the app store it shows it downloading and all, but when it reaches 100% it just stops and the error message -505 appears. Thanks for responsing :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol