Phone: Samsung Mesmerize Froyo

I'm using the stock mail application with my 3 email accounts (Exchange, yahoo, and live).

My problem is on my home screen the mail app icon seems to be stuck saying I have 6 new mail when I in fact have no mail/unread mail whatsoever. Earlier today it said I had 1, now it's 6. I even read all the mail I previously deleted just in case that was triggering it. I turned my phone off then on again.

What is causing this and how can I fix this? The unread mail thing bothers me whenever I see it haha.

(and yes I searched but couldn't find a similar problem, only people who DON'T have the unread mail popping up.)
    04-04-2011 08:46 PM
    See if any mail got archived and is still unread. This happened to me on my blackberry. That was the cause for me.

Sent from my Froyo Fascinate using Tapatalk.
    04-08-2011 11:03 PM
    Where can I find the "archived emails" that you mention??? My email started doing this just yesterday...I tried to delete my accounts and then put them back in, but that didn't solve it.
    08-10-2011 07:50 PM
    Clear the Notifications in the Notification pull down and clear the cache in the mail app. That should get it.

Hope this helps.
    08-10-2011 08:56 PM
    Not sure how to do either of those...
    Thanks for your help!
    08-11-2011 09:16 AM
    To clear the cache, go to Settings/Applications/Manage applications, select your mail app, and select the button that says Cache or Clear Cache.

To clear any archieved mail, you'll need to go to each individual account and check.
    08-11-2011 09:20 AM
    That worked!!! Thank you!
    08-11-2011 09:42 AM
    I have the same issue with my HTC EVO 4G Design, but the clear data, clear cache buttons are grayed out. I have tried just about everything except removing the account and reinstalling it.

Arkiteque
    03-07-2012 09:19 AM
    Did you try looking for archived email like they were talking about earlier in the thread?
    03-07-2012 09:30 AM
    I had that issue and found that Gmail had sent stuff into my junk mail and my phone was seeing it. I had to make some changes to my GMail
    03-07-2012 05:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD