Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Email icon says I have unread mail...but I don't

Phone: Samsung Mesmerize Froyo

I'm using the stock mail application with my 3 email accounts (Exchange, yahoo, and live).

My problem is on my home screen the mail app icon seems to be stuck saying I have 6 new mail when I in fact have no mail/unread mail whatsoever. Earlier today it said I had 1, now it's 6. I even read all the mail I previously deleted just in case that was triggering it. I turned my phone off then on again.

What is causing this and how can I fix this? The unread mail thing bothers me whenever I see it haha.

(and yes I searched but couldn't find a similar problem, only people who DON'T have the unread mail popping up.)

Global Posts
    943 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

See if any mail got archived and is still unread. This happened to me on my blackberry. That was the cause for me.

Sent from my Froyo Fascinate using Tapatalk.

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts

Default Re: Email icon says I have unread mail...but I don't

Where can I find the "archived emails" that you mention??? My email started doing this just yesterday...I tried to delete my accounts and then put them back in, but that didn't solve it.

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CM-7

Clear the Notifications in the Notification pull down and clear the cache in the mail app. That should get it.

Hope this helps.

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts

Not sure how to do either of those...
    Thanks for your help!
    Troubleshooter

Carrier
    Jiffy Pop Roots 3.47.114

To clear the cache, go to Settings/Applications/Manage applications, select your mail app, and select the button that says Cache or Clear Cache.

To clear any archieved mail, you'll need to go to each individual account and check.

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts

That worked!!! Thank you!

I have the same issue with my HTC EVO 4G Design, but the clear data, clear cache buttons are grayed out. I have tried just about everything except removing the account and reinstalling it.

Arkiteque
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Did you try looking for archived email like they were talking about earlier in the thread?

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

I had that issue and found that Gmail had sent stuff into my junk mail and my phone was seeing it. I had to make some changes to my GMail