Facebook App Crashes

NismoZ

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
The facebook app has started crashing after I scroll through the news feed for a bit. Happens everytime. This just started happening last week, maybe after an update on the app. To attempt to fix, I booted into recovery mode and cleared cache there. App still crashes. Then I uninstalled the entire app, rebooted, reinstalled. App still crashes after scrolling through the news feed.

I'm on ATT Galaxy S5, Android 6.0.1

What else can be done?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
First, go to the App Manager, select Facebook, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop. Now open it again and log back in. I know that you already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, but in case any user data got left behind, it might get reincorporated when you reinstall the app.

If the problem still occurs, then go to the Play Store and search for Android System Webview. If there's an update, make sure to update it. But if it's already updated, try also uninstalling updates by tapping the Uninstall button, which will revert it to the factory version. Sometimes updates to this app can cause issues with certain devices or other apps.