Windows Phone -> Android : Can I have separate email...."areas"?

tribexx

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

Migrated from a 950XL W10P to a Moto X Pure Edition. In WP, I could have set up email "live tiles" and I had a "shopping email tile", "gmail tile", "outlook email tile", "work email tile", and tiles for each of my clients. I could go to each tile and view the email for that purpose, but my calendar contained the combined calendar of all of these email accounts.

Can I reproduce this functionality in Android 6.0? I have the gmail with my gmail account, and outlook with my outlook email address. Is there a better way to do this?

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
I don't think you can.

I think the only possible thing is to use each of your emails in a different app and pin those as widgets.

Last edited:

pbike908

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
I caution you that connected the same outlook.com (hotmail) account in more than one app can be problematic.

I find the stock Moto email app to be pretty good! I like it better than the gmail app. Perhaps you can set up what you want with different folders in Outlook.com that is kind of what I have done.

I suggest that you keep using the Gmail app for your Gmail account and to use the stock Moto email app your exchange/active sync account.

If you don't like the stock Moto email app, then I suggest that you check out Nine.

I found that Microsoft Outlook email app to be problematic with contact sync. As have many others.

Welcome to Android. You are probably going to hate it at first. It's more customizable than IOS or Windows phone. I do like Microsoft live tiles. Trying to replicate a live tile experience with widgets is more trouble than it's worth. You will never accomplish it.

If I were to make one suggestion, it would be to check out another launcher. I use Nova Launcher. Stay away from Microsoft's Arrow Launcher, as it interferes with some of the Moto features.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: Windows Phone -> Android : Can I have separate email...."areas"?

I caution you that connected the same outlook.com (hotmail) account in more than one app can be problematic.

I find the stock Moto email app to be pretty good! I like it better than the gmail app. Perhaps you can set up what you want with different folders in Outlook.com that is kind of what I have done.

I suggest that you keep using the Gmail app for your Gmail account and to use the stock Moto email app your exchange/active sync account.

If you don't like the stock Moto email app, then I suggest that you check out Nine.

I found that Microsoft Outlook email app to be problematic with contact sync. As have many others.

Welcome to Android. You are probably going to hate it at first. It's more customizable than IOS or Windows phone. I do like Microsoft live tiles. Trying to replicate a live tile experience with widgets is more trouble than it's worth. You will never accomplish it.

If I were to make one suggestion, it would be to check out another launcher. I use Nova Launcher. Stay away from Microsoft's Arrow Launcher, as it interferes with some of the Moto features.
There is no stock Moto email app on the 2015 Moto X Pure Edition. The "stock" email app is Gmail.

I use Aqua Mail Pro for my email accounts.

I also use Nova Launcher Prime.

pbike908

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site

There is no stock Moto email app on the 2015 Moto X Pure Edition. The "stock" email app is Gmail.

I use Aqua Mail Pro for my email accounts.

I also use Nova Launcher Prime.

Hmmm. If you are interested see if you have access to "Moto Email" in the Google Play store. I have a Droid Turbo 2 -- which of course is a Motorola Phone -- and it came with "Moto Email" app that I have been quite pleased with. I think it also came with Gmail, but I prefer the Moto Email app.

Nova Launcher Prime is really nice!

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site

Hmmm. If you are interested see if you have access to "Moto Email" in the Google Play store. I have a Droid Turbo 2 -- which of course is a Motorola Phone -- and it came with "Moto Email" app that I have been quite pleased with. I think it also came with Gmail, but I prefer the Moto Email app.

Nova Launcher Prime is really nice!
I couldn't get the Moto email app. In fact, it was gone from my 2013 Moto X when I got the Lollipop update. I never tried it, since I like Aqua Mail Pro and use it rather than Gmail.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
The stock Gmail app will allow multiple widgets for different accounts. I have it set up on my Samsung tablet running Lollipop.