Windows Phone -> Android : MS Groove vs Google Play Music

tribexx

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Hello all,

I don't own much music. I subscribe to MS Groove and listen mostly to streaming music.
(about 2000 songs).

A) Is Google Play Music the same service? Can I create playlists of artists/albums and stream them?
B) For the "Family plan" to work, do others need to have a gmail account?
C) For the "Family plan" can we have our own separate playlists?
D) For the "Family plan" do they need to have my password or anything?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
A - Very similar, yes, yes
B - They have to have Google Accounts, not necessarily gmail
C - Yes, totally separate
D - No

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
1) Google Play Music has a free service, you can try it out there if you like. But yes, you can create playlists of albums, artists, create custom playlists based on a particular song, etc. It has a lot of features. The premium version adds in a lot of extra stuff, obviously, but you can at least see the basics.

2) Each member of the plan needs to have a Google account.

3) The different users are all under the family account, but each has access to their own stuff... playlists, uploaded library. Each is their own and you can't see the other users' stuff.

4) No, each user uses their own username and password to access. Basically what the family plan is that you can extend the full premium features to up to 6 accounts and get a discount price. It doesn't combine those accounts into one.

-- By the way, if you do the GPM premium plan, you also get Youtube Red out of the deal... no ads and premium content. w00T!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci