unable to unlock bootloader using ADB

Dan Patto

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
Hey all,

So Ive tried to unlock my bootloader but its not working, ive followed the steps from this site to unlock it but its stuck on the unlock bootloader screen. I have two options to choose from yes or no I click yes but it doesnt work, yet I click no and it takes me back to choose from fastboot, recovery and normal. My phone is a Alcatel Pixi 4.

I have enabled developer mode enabled usb debugging. I also have confirmed the RSA fingerprint for the computer. Also I have enabled OEM unlock in dev settings. This is what my cmd prompt window loooks like. I will also take a photo of my alcatel frozen on bootloader screen.

C:\Users\Dan\AppData\Local\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools>adb devices
List of devices attached
5HQGTCEQCAVS7TTS device

C:\Users\Dan\AppData\Local\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools>adb reboot-bootloader

C:\Users\Dan\AppData\Local\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools>fastboot oem unlock

This is what my phone looks like that im stuck on.

https://s11.postimg.org/8e2cjxooj/IM...129_172555.jpg

does anyone know why this is happening or know how to fix?

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
C:\Users\Dan\AppData\Local\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools>adb reboot-bootloader
This command looks wrong. There should be no "-" between the words reboot and bootloader. I don't know if it would make a difference

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
adb itself says that adb reboot bootloader and adb reboot-bootloader are legitimate commands. (Since I'm on AT&T with Samsungs I [unfortunately] don't have that problem - the phones can't be unlocked.)

Dan Patto

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
either way you type the command it works both ways, and to say the bootloader cant be unlocked isnt correct if they didnt want you to unlock the bootloader that bootloader screen wouldnt come up asking you to confirm unlocking it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante