WiFi Does Not Work: Only for my Android Devices

nucks26

Trusted Member
Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I'm currently using a Blackberry DTEK60 and my friend is using a Galaxy S7 Edge. Both of our devices do not work on either of our home networks, and we are the only people using android in our families. Unfortunately all the apple devices work ( of course). WiFI shows connected with strong signal but nothing loads. I've forgotten and re added the networks multiple times, and I've rebooted routers and modems multiple times, no luck. It is very frustrating, considering I convinced my friend to switch to android. She is not very happy with me... What could possibly be wrong? I formally owned a BlackBerry PRIV as well, and I thought it was maybe just that device specifically, but nope. It seems any android device I have owned I've always had a terrible and frustrating experience with wifi anywhere I go. Could somebody please help! Both running Marshmallow.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Make sure that the wireless encryption in the router is AES, not TKIP or TKIP+AES. Some TKIP implementations just don't work with Android. You get a strong connection, but no data goes over it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1