SOLVED: Can't use my phone after a hard reset? (can't get pass beyond "This device was reset...")

onlyforaquestion

Dec 23, 2016
Visit site
SOLVED: Can't use my phone after a hard reset? (can't get pass beyond "This device was reset...")

1 Samsung Galaxy J7
2 Method used was Volume Up + Turn On + Home and then both wipe commands
3 "This device was reset. To continue, sign in with a Google Account that was previously sync... blabla"
4 I DO know my credentials of the actual synched account (both mail and password)
5 Trying them loops back (they're asked again as if I was starting all over)
6 Google Account (accessed from PC) correctly displays these attempts
7 Two step verification is OFF and using non secure applications is ON
8 Don't tell me "if you changed your password you have to wait 72 hours blabla" because I didn't change my password, it has remained always the same so I know this is it
9 This is driving me crazy
10 Help?

Last edited:

onlyforaquestion

Dec 23, 2016
Visit site
Re: Can't use my phone after a hard reset? (can't get pass beyond "This device was reset...")

I "solved" it. For anyone facing the same problem, here it is:
DON'T BELIEVE THE DEFAULT TEXT "google account or phone number", just place your phone number, don't even try with your google account or else you might face the same issue.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: SOLVED: Can't use my phone after a hard reset? (can't get pass beyond "This device was reset..."

Thanks for posting back about this! Not everyone is willing to share info on what solved their problem. Kudos to you!

Alexander Aladin

Jul 17, 2019
Visit site
Re: Can't use my phone after a hard reset? (can't get pass beyond "This device was reset...")

I "solved" it. For anyone facing the same problem, here it is:
DON'T BELIEVE THE DEFAULT TEXT "google account or phone number", just place your phone number, don't even try with your google account or else you might face the same issue.

I dont understand, it doesnt matter what i put in it just goes back after the password

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: SOLVED: Can't use my phone after a hard reset? (can't get pass beyond "This device was reset..."

Welcome to Android Central! Can you give more details about your situation?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21