App to automatically forward *both* SMS and MMS messages to multiple emails

bgoodr

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
I am looking for an Android app to automatically forward all SMS and MMS messages to multiple email addresses in real time, or as close to real time as the phone/OS allows. If the phone receives an MMS that contains a picture or any other type of file, the app should be automatically forwarded, via email, to a chosen set of email addresses. If the MMS message is a picture, then it should be sent either as an inline or attachment to the email.

I want both the SMS and MMS messages to be sent as soon as the phone receives the message. Of cource, it is ok that SMS and MMS messages are not forwarded if the cell phone is turned off (or on airplane mode).

I would also like to seamlessly reply to the text message (using normal email clients) and have the result be texted back to the original cell phones that sent the SMS or MMS message. I do not want to have to login to some special website to respond to the SMS and MMS messages; I should be able to respond to the text from my email client.

I am currently using Relay ME app which works fine for SMS messages, but it does not handle MMS messages. Unfortunately, most of the phones I receive texts from nowadays are exclusively set to using MMS for some reason. I am aware of SMS Backup+, but that is a backup app which, as far as I can gather, does not forward SMS and MMS in real time as the text comes in (but if I'm wrong about that, then please comment).

I have searched high and low, within Google Play store and elsewhere but I cannot seem to find a solution that also handles MMS. Any ideas is greatly appreciated.

Specs on my phone:

I'm using a Specs - AT&T Cell Phones SM-N910A | Samsung Cell Phones (but OS has been received automatic updates from AT&T and it is not rooted). Abbreviated system info using System Info Droid app is below:

Code:
Report generated and shared with System Info Droid. Download the Android App at Google Play Store.

SUMMARY

Device: Samsung SAMSUNG-SM-N910A
Android: 6.0.1
Processor: Qualcomm APQ8084
CPU Max Frequency: 2649 Mhz
CPU Cores: 4
System RAM: 2.71 GB
GPU: Qualcomm Adreno (TM) 420
Audio Chipset: APQ8084
Internal Storage: 24.22 GB (7.22 GB Free)
External Storage: 29.71 GB (27.56 GB Free)
Display Size: 1440x2560 (5.71")
Screen Density: 508 ppi (640 dpi)
Back Camera: 15.9 Megapixels
Front Camera: 3.7 Megapixels

SYSTEM

Model: SAMSUNG-SM-N910A
Manufacturer: Samsung
Android: 6.0.1
API Level: 23
Kernel: 3.10.40-8932341(N910AUCU2EPK1)
Compilation: MMB29M.N910AUCU2EPK1
Google Apis: Active
Uptime: 02:01:06:17

PROCESSOR

Processor: Qualcomm APQ8084
CPU Cores: 4
CPU Max Frequency: 2649 Mhz
CPU Current Frequency: 2265 Mhz
CPU Usage: 85.5 %
Instruction Sets: armeabi-v7a, armeabi

Thanks
bg

bgoodr

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
I don't use it, but would something like "tasker" work for you, assuming you are willing to do a little "programming"?
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...=net.dinglisch.android.taskerm&token=C4UsF9Mn

I have Tasker already installed but I haven't used it for anything yet. I guess now is a good enough time to experiment. The question will be, of course, in that can it do anything with MMS messages such as reformulate them as email messages. I'll have to track down the website/forum to ask about it.

bgoodr

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
I have Tasker already installed but I haven't used it for anything yet. I guess now is a good enough time to experiment. The question will be, of course, in that can it do anything with MMS messages such as reformulate them as email messages. I'll have to track down the website/forum to ask about it.

Apparently, the sending of email through Tasker is not quite complete. From what I can gather, and I'm not 100% sure of this, is that Tasker can create a compose window, but cannot send it.

I did some further searching and found Send email with attachments - Tasker Wiki. which depends upon a thing called SL4A. After bouncing around a bit I found SL4A at https://github.com/damonkohler/sl4a which says "SL4A is designed for developers and is alpha quality software". So that looks like I have to install quite a bit of heavy-weight things onto the phone just to do something simple like this, and "alpha" tells me that would be a lot more work than this warrants.

I guess I am looking for something a bit more turnkey and ready to install, similar to how Relay ME app works (but also for MMS messages).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2