Brand New Samsung Galaxy Tab A keeps crashing and rebooting when connected to 5G

Yanapets

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
My brand new Samsung Galaxy Tab A keeps crashing and rebooting when connected to 5G. We returned the first one that was doing it and then the second one kept crashing too and we finally figured out it was the 5G. I switched to regular Wi-Fi and am no longer having the crashing issue, but now I'm not on the 5G. Obviously I'd prefer to be on 5G so has anyone else had this issue or know how to fix it?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! When you say you switched to regular wi-fi, do you mean that you selected the 2.4 GHz wi-fi network that your router is broadcasting, and not the 5 GHz one?

5 GHz often doesn't give that huge an advantage over 2.4 GHz, and there are disadvantages as well. 5 GHz can give faster throughput, but it probably won't matter if your overall internet download speed is <100 MBPs. 5 GHz is helpful if you have lots of other wireless tech in your house that uses the 2.4 GHz band (like cordless phones); however, it doesn't have as good a range as 2.4 GHz, and it doesn't penetrate through walls as well as 2.4 GHz.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC