Few apps doesn't work on data but works perfectly on WiFi

Kowsik BaBu

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Hello, I'm currently using Lenovo K3 Note with marshmallow 6.0 .
In the recent weeks, I've got this problem where my YouTube app works on wifi but not on data. There is absolutely no problem with the data connection or the app. I can even visit YouTube on chrome both on data and wifi... And also, I can't log in into games while on data, only with the help of wifi... But after I log in (after started playing the game) the game works in both data and WiFi... I have read all the previously mentioned threads and tried all the mentioned solutions like turning off data restrictions, background data restrictions, removing proxy and port, resetting app preferences, uninstall and install, reboot, changing network... And every other mentioned solutions... And one friend of mine told that, the reason why I can't log in on games is that, Google services aren't working while on data... So, I also tried to change Google settings, Google services settings... Which I can't find in my phone at all... Worst problems: I can't log in into clash of clans or Pokemon go if I'm not on wifi, but once I'm logged in, both works perfectly... Also, data is being consumed by both the apps... This is a big problem and I think Google services app is messed up... I could really use a solution other than resetting my phone...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Regarding the Restrict Background Data option -- you checked to make sure the YouTube app isn't individually restricted, right? It's possible to restrict data for only individual apps, rather than all of them universally.

Kowsik BaBu

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Yes, I've unrestricted data for all my apps, also checked them individually... It is not only YouTube, Pokémon go, clash of clans and any app that requires Google account sign in... Doesn't seem to work... 😔😔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34