new to Android- have cheap tablet...now what?

tngirly

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
i bought a cheap tablet (m009 tablet) with Google Android. It has wifi.

I really just need a small easy way to connect to the internet, play games, check email and my calendar.

I would love access to other fun droid apps though. After browsing through the forums, it looks like you have to have a 3G/4G tablet to access the marketplace? or you have to root your tablet.

Is that true? are there other places, online, where I could get simple apps? really I am looking for things like weather, solitaire, tetris, to-do lists-- really basic stuff.

would appreciate any insight.

JGreen7

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Could try Amazon's Android store... Amazon.com: Appstore for Android Not sure whether it'll run though.

Does anyone know if there's a guide to adding the proper Android Market to tablets which don't have it pre-installed? Not sure why some makers lock it out, it's half the fun of the Android OS.

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Could try Amazon's Android store... Amazon.com: Appstore for Android Not sure whether it'll run though.

Does anyone know if there's a guide to adding the proper Android Market to tablets which don't have it pre-installed? Not sure why some makers lock it out, it's half the fun of the Android OS.

Google prevents a lot of these guys from putting the Android Market on low-end tablets. Amazon AppStore might work though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois