primary Google calendar not showing up on phone

CharleneTX

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Samsung Epic w/ Froyo. When I go to Calendar | Menu | Settings | Calendars the only option is "My calendar." I have only one Google Calendar and it isn't showing up on the phone. I've tried clearing the calendar and calendar storage caches and rebooting (multiple times) with no luck. Suggestions?

--Charlene

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Try Menu>settings>accounts&sync> then make sure your google account is checked.
Edit: oh Longpress google, then make sure that calendar is checked

Last edited:

CharleneTX

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Try Menu>settings>accounts&sync> then make sure your google account is checked.
Edit: oh Longpress google, then make sure that calendar is checked

That's the problem. When I go to calendar sync the primary Google calendar is missing; the only option is "My calendar." I tried an experiment. If I add a new calendar it shows up, but the primary calendar is still missing.

--Charlene

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Try Menu>Manage applications>hit the all tab>find Google services Frameworks>Force stop/Clear data
you might have to log back in the market, but that should reset the connection between the phone and your account.

CharleneTX

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Try Menu>Manage applications>hit the all tab>find Google services Frameworks>Force stop/Clear data
you might have to log back in the market, but that should reset the connection between the phone and your account.

Tried your suggestion. Got an error trying to access Marketplace and still no primary calendar. Rebooted; Marketplace now working and still no primary calendar.

--Charlene

Sean Brunett

May 24, 2010
Visit site
So when you go to your Accounts and Sync (Menu ->Setting->Accounts and Sync -> *yourname@gmail.com* -> Sync Calendar), your Calendar is checked correct?

CharleneTX

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
So when you go to your Accounts and Sync (Menu ->Setting->Accounts and Sync -> *yourname@gmail.com* -> Sync Calendar), your Calendar is checked correct?

Yes, under the "Accounts and sync" option, "Sync Calendar" is checked. However, when I go to the native Android calendar app and select Menu | Settings | Calendars, the only option is "My calendar" which is the native Android calendar. My Google calendar isn't showing up as an option. It's neither checked nor unchecked -- it doesn't exist.

--Charlene

CharleneTX

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
I tried various fixes and nothing worked. Finally hit the point of diminishing returns and just did a factory reset. Everything seems to be working now.

--Charlene

CharleneTX

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Sorry Charlene I thought it would work. :(

It was worth a try. Sometimes you just have to wipe and reset. I'm now wondering if it was a by-product of the Froyo update. Everything else seemed to be working fine, but I wasn't syncing the calendar prior to the update. After the factory reset the phone is noticably faster. *shrug*

--Charlene

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
It is possible, or even possible that maybe there was an app that was wreaking havoc on your system IDK.
But faster is better, best of luck.

dojha

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
i am having the same problem. I even tried factory reset,tried adding different google accounts, wiped data using titanium backup rpo, but still no results.
It (calendar) is still not showing up in sync settings.
Please help me, mine is Android jelly bean

breeze1601

May 31, 2015
Visit site
My calendar would not sync. My google account showed there was a problem with sync and said it would be back shortly this went on for days so I finally figured it out, go to your apps & on the bottom of my phone on the right side are the 3 bars which is the tools & I pressed the Reset App Preferences & now everything works