why is my phone not turning on

nashwoolsey

Feb 5, 2017
Visit site
I have a Verizon Samsung galaxy s3 and its model number is SCH-I535V. But I cannot turn it on or charge it. I have a brand new battery and I have tried putting it in download mode and recovery mode please help. I know its an old device, but I want to fix it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The new battery is fully charged, right? What happens if you press and hold Power for at least 10-15 seconds?

nashwoolsey

Feb 5, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The new battery is fully charged, right? What happens if you press and hold Power for at least 10-15 seconds?

I can't charge it and im almost positive its at 0% and if I hold the power button nothing happens I've heard of something called it being bricked but they just fix it by putting it in download mode.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's also possible the microUSB port is damaged, thus preventing the phone from charging the battery. Can the battery charge up on another phone?

Last edited:

nashwoolsey

Feb 5, 2017
Visit site
My micro USB port is broken but I can wirelessly charge it. The only problem is I don't have the back piece I only have the pad. Yes It will charge in another phone I just don't have another phone, what other types of phones can I use to charge the battery.

Jan 10, 2017
Visit site
You can try the battery in other Samsung device. But I am not sure will it will fit in any Samsung Device. I have seen a Chinese charger on Amazon. This charger directly connect with battery. To charge your battery through this charger you don't need your phone. You can search on Amazon. I can't remember the name of the charger.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waterpig