Why can't see "unread message badges" when I use any launcher other than default?

NYKrumrie

Jan 20, 2017
Visit site
I have a Moto Z Force. I've been playing around with different apps & launchers. I found something quite frustrating. I'm using the default VZ Messenger+ for texting & default VZ Voicemail app. The default launcher is "Launcher3". When I get txts or VM's I get a "unread message badge" or number in the bottom corner of my app icon. That shows I have a ..unread message. I like that feature it lets me know people have been calling or texting me. I noticed that if I use any other launcher but keep the same txt & VM apps I no longer see those numeric notifications. Is there a way to correct this on say, Nova, Google Now or Action 3 launchers. I'd like to customize my launcher options but I really miss the convenience of having the numeric notification of missed messages.
Thanks!

NYKrumrie

Jan 20, 2017
Visit site
I've tried the free version of Nova but didn't get the prime version yet. I have not tried Tesla unread plugin. Maybe I'll bite the bullet & pay for a launcher.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I've tried the free version of Nova but didn't get the prime version yet. I have not tried Tesla unread plugin. Maybe I'll bite the bullet & pay for a launcher.
Yeah, the Unread plugin only works with the prime version. I think the extra features worth the price, specially the gestures and swipe up actions.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm sooooooo glad I stumbled on this thread! I could not get voicemail notifications after we switched to TMO.

I was on the phone with them about something else and they asked if the phone was working ok etc and I mentioned that I wasn't getting the little numbers on the voicemail app when I have a voicemail. Tech told me that LG doesn't have what's called a badge for this. Now I don't know if it's true but it made sense because when we first came over to TMO I was still using my VZW Note 5 and they just ported the number. I was getting voicemail notifications in my notifications drop down but those are easily swiped away or lost if you restart your phone or any number of other reasons that it's just not the best way to get voicemail notifications.

Then my new LG phone came and I wasn't getting the notifications anymore. I told him that and he said Samsung has quite a few badges and LG does not. I guess in order to get LG to do this enough people have to ask for it.

I've installed the add-on for Nova Prime and it's working! Thank you! Happy dance here!

Deb

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo