Droid Inc + OG Droid Issue

darkrisen

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I am asking this on behalf of family members as I do not have an android phone as of yet so please bare with me. Several family members/friends of family are all of a sudden having issues with there Dinc's and OG droid's not charging or holding a charge. Since this is not my phone I will pass along what I know from asking. They have tried both the wall chargers as well as charging via the pc. They have tried switching batteries to see if the battery is the culprit. From what Im being told they are getting the notification icon on the screen when the device is plugged in and when it gets unplugged but it is simply not charging when it is plugged in.

Being that this is effecting more than one device and not the same device they are asking me if this is due to some sort of software update. Im the techie of the family so if you guys can pass along some direction and instructions I will be able to follow. Thank you for your time.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Well, you never get a notification that it is unplugged for starters.

Now, listen up. You cannot use a regular USB cord for charging. for example, my wifes camera USB cord, although it fits, just doesn't work.

Maybe it might work for some people, but in most cases, it wont.

When you plug it in, select USB Charging (default)

I suspect the USB cord may not be the one it was shipped with. Yes, they all look the same. And they plug in just fine.

3 hrs with no usage should charge any phone. ANY!

Your relatives, I think, have not been truthful to you.

My final question, is which country?

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Well, you never get a notification that it is unplugged for starters.

Now, listen up. You cannot use a regular USB cord for charging. for example, my wifes camera USB cord, although it fits, just doesn't work.

Maybe it might work for some people, but in most cases, it wont.
When you plug it in, select USB Charging (default)

I suspect the USB cord may not be the one it was shipped with. Yes, they all look the same. And they plug in just fine.

3 hrs with no usage should charge any phone. ANY!

Your relatives, I think, have not been truthful to you.

My final question, is which country?

No it always works both eris's in my house my Tbolt, one sprint hero, D2, and every other phone I have plugged into my desktop, laptop and netbook.
Correct you must choose charge, it does work unless you have a bad usb or something wrong with your system.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
And swapping batteries between phones..... ok. I draw the line here. Im not an expert on batteries, I don't know if a Hero battery will work in a Desire Z. It may fit. But are the polarities and voltage input the same?

And a whole house full of phones, stop charging at the same time?

darkrisen

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
First I didn't mean it gives a notification when it is unplugged I meant the charging notification changes when you unplug the phone so the phone knows it has been unplugged. Second I did not mean they are using batteries from other phones I meant they have spare batteries that were made for there specific phones that they swapped out to see if was an issue specific to that battery.

We live in Southwest Georgia LOL.

I'm not sure if they are choosing USB charging so I will have to check on that but I just wanted to clear up what I said earlier. Sometimes I don't explain everything clearly and for that I apologize. Thank you for what has been suggested thus far.

plemelin

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
How many charges have the batteries had? Batteries will die out. They don't last forever and everytime you stick it on the charger it is considered a charge. I have an Incredible and have no issues with any of the batteries I have. Maybe try a desktop charger. Batteries for the Inc are $9.00 on Amazon so to try a new one wouldn't be expensive.