A serious question.

hack3rcon

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hello.
I have an Android phone and I like to sell it to other but my cellphone battery have a problem and I can't turned it on. My cell phone have a pattern lock and it is not rooted too. I unplug my SD card and I want to know if in internal storage I have some personal information then the buyer can see them or not?

Thank you.

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Hello.
I have an Android phone and I like to sell it to other but my cellphone battery have a problem and I can't turned it on. My cell phone have a pattern lock and it is not rooted too. I unplug my SD card and I want to know if in internal storage I have some personal information then the buyer can see them or not?

Thank you.
Um. Boy, a lot here. Well first you have to fix it, maybe determine if you can replace the battery yourself (look on ifixit.com for some teardowns and repair guides). Then you'll need to factory reset it to wipe the personal data you still have on there.

THEN you're ready to sell it.

Have you tried turning on the phone while plugged into a charger? That might help.

Best of luck....

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Um. Boy, a lot here. Well first you have to fix it, maybe determine if you can replace the battery yourself (look on ifixit.com for some teardowns and repair guides). Then you'll need to factory reset it to wipe the personal data you still have on there.

You'll want to encrypt it before factory resetting it, otherwise it may still be possible to find personal data left over.

hack3rcon

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Once you fix the battery you'll want to PROPERLY reset it so the device becomes disassociated with your Google account so the buyer can set it up with their account.

Jerry's article on factory reset protection will have some guidance on this: Factory Reset Protection: what you need to know | Android Central

It's also noted that some manufacturers have their own versions of this, be sure to turn those off also.

As I guess reset remove all data, Am I wrong?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1