Lock/password protect specific Settings?

Aldar

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way or an app that will let me lock certain parts of Settings? Like if I want to allow our users to change Sound, Display, etc, but lock them out of Applications and Accounts&Sync?

I have found a few apps that will let us password protect things on the phone, but with them if I choose Settings, then they can't change anything and I want them to have a bit of flexibility, but I have to keep them out of Applications because then they could just kill the password app that locks them out of certain apps.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way or an app that will let me lock certain parts of Settings? Like if I want to allow our users to change Sound, Display, etc, but lock them out of Applications and Accounts&Sync?

I have found a few apps that will let us password protect things on the phone, but with them if I choose Settings, then they can't change anything and I want them to have a bit of flexibility, but I have to keep them out of Applications because then they could just kill the password app that locks them out of certain apps.

well, you need to say why? is this phone used by different people?

Aldar

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
We are planing to buy android phones (LG Ally) for our employees. We want to set them up before giving them out and we don't want the employee to change certain things.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Hmmmmm.....There are app protection locks on the market that will allow you this,. But, if a savvy user wants to bypass this, they can go into Hboot and do horrible stuff. So, you'll have to lock hBoot as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech