Looks like I need a new keyboard

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
So what's out there for keyboards now?

I've been a long time Swype user, but the latest update flat killed its accuracy. They also removed some of its functionality (namely swiping up to capitalize). I'm currently trying SwiftKey, but it also isn't as accurate as Swype use to be and has even less functionality. It looks nice with better themes, though. I also tried the stock LG keyboard and couldn't get very into it either.

If I could find a keyboard that worked like Swype use to, but has the theme options of SwiftKey, I'd be ecstatic.

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
I keep coming back to SwiftKey, since Microsoft got their filthy paws on it, it has deteriorated somewhat, but still the best of a bad bunch. I don't get it, my old Ericsson and Nokia devices used to predict entire sentences, these so called smart intuitive keyboards just keep making the same crap predictions over and over... Grrr!

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I keep coming back to SwiftKey, since Microsoft got their filthy paws on it, it has deteriorated somewhat, but still the best of a bad bunch. I don't get it, my old Ericsson and Nokia devices used to predict entire sentences, these so called smart intuitive keyboards just keep making the same crap predictions over and over... Grrr!
I don't even want predictive text, so I couldn't care less about that accuracy. My concern is with swiping accuracy and alternative word choices. SwiftKey only gives 3 choices, but Swype gave about 6 or more .

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Can't you just install the older version of Swype that used to work? ApkPure has older "trial" versions if you don't mind installing from 3rd party sites. I don't know how licensing gets accomplished with Swype, but whenever an update messes with my paid apps, I just install the older version from my backups and the license gets updated with a sign in to Playstore.

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I'm into SwiftKey from Microsoft. The keyboard learns your writing style, suggests emoji, syncs to google. Version 7.2.3.24 available in apknite

I'm not sure what keyboard I'm using on my S7 but it's gone haywire for speech to typing for some time now. My name is John and it always inputs "Jon" no matter how many times I correct it. It puts "Butt" for but, "dot dot dot" for ... and recently it's started putting "oh" in front of , when I say "comma". Yesterday I was trying to type "16th" and it input "XVI". Wtf? I've never used roman numerals in a text in my life. Why is it coming up with these garbage suggestions? Is there a way to re-train it? Do different keyboards use different speech software or would it still be the same no matter which keyboard I used. Long ago on a different phone, I used Swiftkey but felt it was slowing down the phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000