How Do You ChromeCast Amazon Prime Videos Using Android?

burramarie

Feb 22, 2017
Visit site
Hi, I have an android phone and from the Play Store I downloaded the Google Home app and in the upper right hand corner it tells me that it is picking up my chromecast and it comes up on the T.V Screen. I also downloaded from the Playstore the Amazon Prime Video App as we are members, but it does not give an option to cast to our chromecast, how do I do this please? Thanks

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
You would have to use a PC and cast the tab. Amazon purposely doesn't program their app to work with Chromecast.

marc3565

Dec 9, 2016
Visit site
Once I installed Google Home on my phone apps like Youtube, Hulu, Amazon Video all have the Cast Icon show up when I run those apps.

Also i am on version 6 of android and if I go to SETTINGS> DISPLAY and scroll to the bottom i can click on CAST and it will mirror anything on my phone to the Chromecast. This way means the phone cannot be used for anything else while streaming. The app methods above allow you to multi-task

Interesting thing. If i start a stream using the HULU app on my phone.. my wife's phone's HULU app adds a notification opening it allows her to pause the feed from her phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12