How do I get rid of game center ad/pop up on my lock screen??

Blair Jones

Feb 22, 2017
Visit site
Instead of my standard lock screen on my phone I get some random pop up thing that opens up game center along with ads. I installed fotor and another photo editing app and ever since this screen pops up. I have since deleted both apps, but the screen keeps appearing. How do I get rid of this??

Screenshot_20170222-143150.jpg

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, not sure who was the 'genius' that allowed this, but you can have ads on the lockscreen now. Many apps have implemented this, unfortunately, and you'd have to check which one is causing it. ES File Manager was one that notably got backlash for it. Not sure, but maybe an Ad Network detector app might be able to pin point which apps are pushing ads, and that way you might be able to see which app you have to check. Most allow this to be disabled in their settings, however, so you don't have to use that charging screen, but they enable it by default, obviously.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, not sure who was the 'genius' that allowed this, but you can have ads on the lockscreen now.

The first time I saw it was on the HTC One M8's OEM stock lock screen, as pushed out by an update from HTC. Pay hundreds for a phone, only to have them push ads on you. Go figure.

The OP's lock screen doesn't look like a normal android lock screen though. I suspect whatever changed that is the source of the ads. Given the charging icons on it, perhaps a battery monitoring app?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance