"Account action required" message

mallomar

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
I've got this alert that I can't get rid of:

Account action required

Please sign in
Google
There's been a change to your Google Account. For your security, sign in again.

There's a NEXT button, but I have NOT clicked on it. I'm concerned it might be scammy.

I've got a Note 5, and I only have one Google account (AFAIK). I haven't changed anything in my account. I went into Settings/Account but didn't see anything there that gave me any hints.

I'm not a technical person. Can someone please tell me what this alert means, and how to get rid of it?

Thanks in advance.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
It's coming from the phone itself as you see a notification alert at the top of the screen.

I got the message also tonight and silly entered my password and all is well.

mallomar

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
It's coming from the phone itself as you see a notification alert at the top of the screen.

I got the message also tonight and silly entered my password and all is well.

Thanks. I did the password thing and the alert went away. Beautiful husky -- I've got two!

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Anytime that message appears, it usually is there to tell you that it is detecting potentially suspicious activity on your account and needs your verification.

I root and ROM my old phones, so every time I do a wipe and flash, I get that notification on my daily driver.

It's extremely handy to know if your account has been compromised.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I got that message too and was a little worried, but since it came from Google itself and was in my notification tray, I just entered my password and tried to forget about it haha. Glad I'm not the only one who received this yesterday!

mmm1124

Feb 26, 2017
Visit site
I signed up tonight regarding your link to a recent article. I have this issue with my main gmail. I have been trying to recover it for a week or so, and have been unsuccessful. I've tried to reach out to google more then once the past couple of days with no response. I too get the "g.co/recover". I go through their questions of verifying it is me when finally they come back and say they can't confirm it is me. Since then I set up two additional google email accounts, and that is not helping them locate my gmail after possessing it for several years. I'm not accepting that it is gone ( side point in the article). I thought it was hijacked/stolen, and have reached out with that premise. Is there any additional insight that could help in recovering that email?

But I've had other questionable things happening. I have Kaspersky on my laptop and Note 5 i.e. Password manager plus others from them. Suddenly yesterday when I opened the password manager (named Master Password) on my Note 5, and key in the password for the Master password it tells me my Master password has been changed and I need to log into My Kaspersky with it's password. Now I did change the master password several days ago, so the message is not entirely unusual except for the fact that I have both of those devices synced. Initially when I changed the master password on my laptop it synced with my Note 5 with no problems like it should do, so for me to have this issue starting yesterday is concerning with other weird things happening. So when I received the message to key in the password to My Kaspersky it came back that the password is invalid. So now that is two passwords lost so to speak. I've had this happen with my Yahoo email password and a couple of others all housed within my Password manager. Once I got that straightened out I then sent a download of the Password Manager app with my email. From my Note 5 I opened the link and proceeded to download it without a problem. So when I initiated the install with the downloaded app it momentarily redirected to "app.appsflyer.com" then comes back to the kaspersky app install. I stopped it from starting the install, because I didn't think it should be redirecting from anywhere considering it's a security app, and no less a password manager. I've been worried for several weeks that some type of monitoring app is hovering over me, but I haven't pinpointed anything yet. So obviously my question, is that normal for an app like that to redirect when the install begins? Any help and insight would be appreciated, because I do like that app Kaspersky has. It has been working great.