Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  

Quote Originally Posted by SeanBlader View Post
    No word on NFC for the 3D I assume?
    NO NFC or USB OTG for the EVO 3D or Optimus 3D.
    Milo
    ← Tap Getting Started at the top of any page for help with:
    - Settings - Email - Backup Everything - Phone - Messaging - Music & Photo Sync
    - Keyboards Folders - Favorite Apps - Extending Battery Life - My Avatar
    - iPhone User's Guide to Android - (Palm) - Tablet & Phone Comparison - Epic4GT - ATT - TM
    If this helped, please click Thanks & Like↓

Those phones aren't fair match ups. Plus, they're all available now, and the Evo 3D isn't. Match it up to the LG Optimus 3D, which is also the LG Thrill to come out soon on AT&T. The specs are almost identical. Doesn't matter to me anyway. I'm getting the Evo 3D when it comes out... I'm due for early upgrade on June 1st. I've already spoken with Sprint to confirm. What's great as that I can then sell my Evo 4G to [more than] cover the cost of the upgrade to the Evo 3D. Its like getting paid to receive awesomeness! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    NO NFC or USB OTG for the EVO 3D or Optimus 3D.
    Didn't HTC release that they were going to have NFC in their phones this year?
    Could this be part of the reason we haven't heard anything from the FCC yet?
    Plus Google and Sprint are supposed to release a partnership on NFC tomorrow?

ROM
    ACS Jelly Bean RC1, Stock

I suppose another row for "Rootable" would be nice, especially now that some manufactures are signing their boot loaders...

"In Soviet Russia, Android roots you!"

I'm here because like you, I have questions that I need answered, and help those like me, with questions of their own.
    "If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
    -Isaac Newton, Letter to Robert Hooke, February 5, 1675

HTC just announced they are no longer going to be shipping locked bootloaders.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #31  

Quote Originally Posted by liquidjesus View Post
    I suppose another row for "Rootable" would be nice, especially now that some manufactures are signing their boot loaders...
    Which ones are locked?
    Milo
    - iPhone User's Guide to Android - (Palm) - Tablet & Phone Comparison - Epic4GT - ATT - TM
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #32  

Quote Originally Posted by shrubby View Post
    Didn't HTC release that they were going to have NFC in their phones this year?
    Could this be part of the reason we haven't heard anything from the FCC yet?
    Plus Google and Sprint are supposed to release a partnership on NFC tomorrow?
    hese are promises for future phones.

No current or announce HTC or LG phones are NFC. The rumored HTC Hercules is supposed to be NFC by the end of the year.
    Milo

ROM
    ACS Jelly Bean RC1, Stock

Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    Which ones are locked?
    You'd have too look around, Some of the phones you can get su access, others you can get su and NAND unlocked.

"In Soviet Russia, Android roots you!"

I'm here because like you, I have questions that I need answered, and help those like me, with questions of their own.
    "If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
    -Isaac Newton, Letter to Robert Hooke, February 5, 1675

ROM
    deck1.3d/matr1x10.5cfs

Possibly the best thread ever. Very helpful.
    Motorola Q > Palm Pre > [HL]Google Nexus S 4G[/HL]
    More awesome than a shark high-fiving a bear while having sex with a unicorn during an explosion in space...

All the cool kids click the "Thanks" button on my posts...
    Thanked by 2:

First post so I can view the chart.

Coming from a Sprint Pre Plus user, looking at either a Pre 3 and Touchpad combo, or Evo 3D and Tab 10.1 combo. I know Google "stole" Palm's UI guy, so I'm a little intrigued to see what ICS will look like. UI is pretty much all webOS has going for it anymore.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #36  

Welcome to Android Central!

Check out the Tablet Comparison and the Phone Comparison charts.

I am on my 5th Pre and have an EVO too. Check out the Palm User's Guide to Android for all about how Android does Just Type, Synergy, Multitasking, Universal Search, etc. HP cut loose last spring. I think HP felt that they had his old work so why did they still need Duarte.

HP got some of Duarte's old work. BlackBerry made copies. Google got Duarte.
    Milo

Quote Originally Posted by DeCourseyyy View Post
    Possibly the best thread ever. Very helpful.
    (^^ What he said.)
    By reading Milo's informative & and helpful threads has lead me to know a lot more about my former Palm Pre, and now currently owned HTC EVO.

Thank-you. :-)

My first post so I can see the chart. Just signed up so I could check out the 3VO. I'm jumping ship from my pre to android and will probably hit up the 3VO. Unfortunately, my upgrade doesn't come until December...Maybe they'll have all the kinks worked out, or some other sweet phone.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #39  

Quote Originally Posted by ourulz06 View Post
    My first post so I can see the chart. Just signed up so I could check out the 3VO. I'm jumping ship from my pre to android and will probably hit up the 3VO. Unfortunately, my upgrade doesn't come until December...Maybe they'll have all the kinks worked out, or some other sweet phone.
    Welcome to the rEVOlution!

I am on my 5th Pre and have an EVO as well. Call Sprint and they may give you a gold status 1-year upgrade.
    Milo

Excellent Chart!

Wish ATT also had evo 3d

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Default Finally gonna let go of my Pre

The EVO 3d 4G is so sweet I cannot pass it up. Not that the Pre (Original) has done anything to keep my love.

Awesome, thanks!
    Thanked by:
    migs 
    Grand Tech

Default Re: EVO 3D vs. Nexus 4G, Atrix, Thunderbolt, iPhone 4, Veer, Pre

Any plans to add the Photon to the comparison chart or did I just miss it?

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

Not sure if I should get an EVO 3D or hold out for the GSII or the Photon.

If you have the luxury of waiting then by all means wait and see what comes and what's the best. Many ex webos users had no such luxury and had to bail out on that sinking ship ASAP.
    webOS is dead. Long live Android.
    Data Hog since 6/2009
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #47  

Default Re: Phone Comparison: EVO 3D, Nexus 4G, Atrix, T-bolt, SGS2

The comparison is updated to reflect the iPhone 4S replacing the iPhone 4 but the specs are almost unchanged.

In fact most of what the iPhone 4S is missing is not listed in the chart.

A week ago . Now a TiPb Poll of 10,000+ shows Only 21% Of iPhone Fans Are Getting an iPhone 4S. Still the new iPhone 4S will sell millions. Many iPhone users buy the next iPhone no matter what.

Apple iPhone 4S Does Bring Improvements
    + Siri is much like Voice Controls with the ability to respond to commands such as "Text Joe: Leaving now" or "“What does poison ivy look like?”
    + The iPhone 4S has a Faster Dual Core CPU but the iPhone 4 already was really responsive
    + Apple matched the 8MP on the rear camera already in the Galaxy S II, Bionic, Photon, Charge, etc.
    + iOS 5 will finally have Notifications much like Android.

25 Features Still Missing From the iPhone 4S
    No bigger. Only 9% Want a Screen Under 4". Why did Jobs have to have such little fingers?
    No options. You can have any size as long as it's 3.5". No physical keyboard options.
    No LED Notification
    No microSD
    No Sprint 4G
    No Verizon LTE
    No AT&T HSPA+ 21Mbps
    0.3MP VGA front camera should have been 2MP
    No DLNA
    , no Facebook sync of photos, status updates, etc.

- can't type a name in the dialer like Android, BB, or WM7.
    No FM Radio
    No Near Field Communication (NFC) for payments, games, ID, etc.
    No Root. A Jailbreak is expected for the iPhone 4S but not root customization.
    (No Facetime over WiFi only)
    . Android at least gives 15 minutes to try an app for a full refund.
    , Android has endless keyboard options.
    available like Android or show.
    and

. If you don't like a stock Android app, change it and re-release it. Not so with Apple.
    One Home button instead of separate Search, Menu, Back, and Home buttons (also used by games)
    No removable battery
    No micro USB connector - only proprietary Apple cables.

Summary
    The iPhone 4S will be a success. It just is lacking many of the basic features found in most flagship smartphones today.

See Also
    Phone Comparison
    Editorial: Now we know why Apple went after Samsung in the courtroom

Last edited by milominderbinder; 10-05-2011 at 02:58 PM.
    Milo
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #48  

The comparison is updated in the opening post to show a list of hot new phones coming out.

Wow!
    Milo

HTC Rezound

1.5ghz CPU
    16GB Internal Memory (SD Card) and 16 GB Secondary SDHC, up to 32/64 GB)
    HD records 1080p/24
    Front camera is 720p record / view

May as well have called it HTC Droid Incredible 2

Too bad they don't offer a 32 GB Galaxy Nexus by the way...that could turn around and bite some users hard eventually.

Great list, best I have seen around!

Nice chart; wish I saw it before buying the Galaxy Nexus direct from Google; just kidding Actually one of the main reason for selecting the Galaxy Nexus is not listed. The Nexus purchased direct from Google is gsm Pentaband which means it can handle high speed data on both the AT&T and T-mobile networks. As I understand it, this is fairly unusual. Should the bands be included in the table?
    Pete
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast