Tab A 10.1 Keyboard issue...

ShadNuke

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Is it because of the most recent Marshmallow version of Android that causes words to go all caps when I hold the shift button when finishing a sentence and use an exclamation mark, or a question mark after the final word? It's driving me insane!!! It will randomly capitalize the final word whenever I add either point, and I want to shut it off if possible. It didn't do it on my Galaxy Tab 4 before this one, and does anyone have this same issue, and know how to shut it off?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It might be doing this if you somehow saved a word like that to your dictionary. So in other words, if you typed "You are AWESOME!" at some point, and tapped AWESOME! in the word prediction row, that would have saved it to your dictionary. So the next time you typed awesome in lower case, the word prediction feature of the keyboard might think you're trying to type AWESOME!

ShadNuke

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately that's not the case. Sure, both words are in the dictionary, but it does it with all words. If I hold shift and hit the ! or ? it capitalizes the entire word. It also will sometimes only capitalize the first letter, but I think that's it is hit shift, let go, then hit the ! or the ?... The new tablet keyboard doesn't act like a typical PC keyboard like before.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, try going to the App Manager, select the Keyboard app, and Clear Cache. If you don't mind losing any saved settings or data for the keyboard, Clear Data as well.

ShadNuke

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
No dice... Didn't make a difference in that regard. I don't know if it is something they have done with the new OS version or what it is... grrrr!! It drivessels CRAZY!! Hahaha! See, it did it there now... I don't get it!