Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Default Has anyone used a cell phone spy software successfully?

I am a woman who is 6 months pregnant with triplets. Lately my husband has been acting a little odd. He recently set up a passcode on his cell phone. He seems to always have it on him..I may be paranoid, but I am starting to think something is up, he gets texts but wont read them if I am right there.

ROM
    AOSP by preferance

honestly, i think that is the wrong thing to do. That idea will probably lead to a very negative fight that will draw upon all sorts of old unforgiven and unforgotten disputes. If you're husband is giving you insecure feelings, you should just talk to him and let him know how you are feeling. Maybe he can reassure you that your marriage is still thriving. but ask him if he would allow you to install such an app that would forward all his text messages to your phone or a PC to give you some reassurance.
    Blackberry Storm 9530 (1 year)>
    Motorola Droid [Rooted] (Froyo 2.2 --> 1Ghz ultra low voltage) (8 months)>
    Motorola Droid X [Rooted] (Fission v2.6.1 --> 1Ghz--> low voltage)(10 months)>
    HTC Droid Eris [Rooted] (CM 7) (risky outdoors device)(current)>
    HTC Droid Incredible [Rooted] (CM 7)[Bad ESN <craigslist scam>](just a tablet now)>
    Motorola Droid 2 [Rooted] (GingerBread v2.3.3 Blur v4.5.153 --> 1Ghz) (Current)[/FONT]

Next device: Samsung Galaxy S II
    Thanked by:
    Gayle Jean Graham likes this.

Global Posts
    7,080 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Spyware is never a good thing. If it turns out he is up to nothing, you will loook rather foolish, and I know if someone didnt trust me and did that to me, it would have a HUGE negative impact on the relationship. You would be better having an adult style conversation with him, afterall he is the father of your children right? Just talk to him, see whats up, maybe he isnt up to anything, and your just paranoid.
    Thanked by:
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by harry View Post
    I am a woman who is 6 months pregnant with triplets. Lately my husband has been acting a little odd. He recently set up a passcode on his cell phone. He seems to always have it on him..I may be paranoid, but I am starting to think something is up, he gets texts but wont read them if I am right there.
    I have not used such software, but you should be able to review call and text message logs on your cellphone bill. I know you can do this on Verizon anyway.

You should ask your provider for "detailed billing".
    "I can teach you how to make a bomb out of a roll of toilet paper and a stick of dynamite."
    -- Dale Gribble

Droid X = Pure Awesomeness!

I'm not trying to be snarky. But, have you tried just asking what's up? "hey honey, why do you read your text messages in private?" Don't assume anything. Don't imply anything. Just ask.
    Thanked by:

Not only us spyware morally objectionable it can be extremely costly. Now I am offering legitimate advice not being snarky. How about a bit of couples counseling?
    Thanked by:
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Tks for all suggestion!counseling is in vain.I also want to know his call billings,but i don't know the password.now he don't want to talk with me anymore.I don't know what should i do!i want to divorce,so i need his cheating evidences

Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jedi Invasion

O.o

Wooow...

i used superbluetooth lol as a joke but it would suit u well..only one snag tho lol..
    you need to get his phone with it unlocked and go to the bluetooth settings and set it to allow ur phone all the time, otherwise when u want to use phone spy to hack his phone its asks him if he want to allow ur phone to read his texts and stuff.

Tks for all suggestion!counseling is in vain.I also want to know his call billings,but i don't know the password.now he don't want to talk with me anymore.I don't know what should i do!i want to divorce,so i need his cheating evidences
    Let me get this out the way first - if this is a wind up it is a pretty poor one.

If not I apologise.

However, it sounds to me that you already knew he is cheating on you in which case you do not need any evidence from his phone - if you cannot work it out then you are faced with leaving the ******* - I mean who cheats on their pregnant wife and their three unborn kids?

You really need to speak to some friends or family about this - also checking in with your GP would be pretty good as well - pregnancy causes all sorts of wacky hormones to kick in and it could all be in your mind.
    Thanked by:
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

speak to my friend is a good way?
    I have no idea.tks for all suggestion

I would have to assume that since you are in an Android forum that your husband uses an Android device...? At this point, there is no known spyware that exists for Android that can be installed without the attacker (you...because spyware use is illegal) having physical access to the device and is able to install it directly on the phone. Please, do not allow any of these people try tell you that it can be done any other way. It's just not possible. That said, I'll state again that the use of spying applications is illegal, unless you have been given consent to monitor the communications of the target.

If you are considering divorce and would attempt to leverage spyware in order to uncover infidelity on the part of your husband, your attorney would not be able to use any of the information that was obtained from the use of spyware, since its use is illegal. As a matter of fact, you could find yourself in legal trouble, should the other party decide that they wanted to press charges. You could be charged under Title 18 U.S. Code for electronic fraud and/or general stalking.

Just something to think about. As someone who went through this with his ex-wife, and the ability to completely control her electronic life, I would highly recommend you just speak to your husband as an adult.
    Thanked by:

Agreed, spyware is illegal. It may be the case that you can have an attorney subpoena his phone records, which would be legal.
    Thanked by:

Default Mobile Spy Software

That's why I support mobile spy software, like many parents. And because it's about our children's safety, we don't want to settle with just any software, we want the best mobile spy software there is.

Troubleshooter

ROM
    Jiffy Pop Roots 3.47.114

Mobile Spy. But.... as with most spy software, you have to physically install them on the phone itself. Will be hard if he has it locked all the time.

Also, there is the legal issue. If the phone belongs to him, and the account is in his name, you can/will be prosecuted for doing this.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,596 Global Posts
    ROM
    Teamhacksung's ICS

Is your name on the account at all? If it is, you can always go into the store and change the billing like cory said. You might be able to if you have his SS number (ATT always asks for that when I try to change something over the phone, since I'm not the primary line).

I agree with everyone else though, you should talk to him, or even friends and family, before you do anything drastic. The passcode could be to keep anyone out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk
    Troubleshooter

ROM
    Jiffy Pop Roots 3.47.114

I suspect the account is in his name. And if she somehow installs spy software, she will be prosecuted. Unfortunate, but true. Better to plaster his name over facebook and the forums...

If of course, it is true... But who are we to judge...

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

Default Re: Has anyone used a cell phone spy software successfully?

funny all the answers were by men.. did you catch that??

**guy code**

I am sorry that you are worried that your spouse might be cheating on you. But I know of an awesome program for your driod that i use on my kids phones. it does not let me listen to phone calls ut tell me who they call and does send me a copy of their text messages to my gmail account. they do not know that the software is on their phone. it is not openable either. you will just see a driod mail box icon in programs but when they click on it it wont open. looks like its apart of the driod mail system. The name of the programs is stealth tracker. Good luck.

Smile Re: Has anyone used a cell phone spy software successfully?

There's one cell tracking software that lets you listen to calls, track texts, email, picture messages and gps location. You can find it at: TrackCellPhoneSpy.info I use it on my teen's phone and it always lets me see what I need to see.

Global Posts
    4,724 Global Posts
    ROM
    All Stock

About the only legal thing you can really do is hire a private investigator and an attorney. If the PI can find any evidence of adultery, the attorney should be able to use that to get a court order for SMS records from your cell phone provider. All of that can be used in a divorce settlement. Any sort of information received through spyware would not be admissable.
    RuneCryption - Unique memory puzzle game for Android. ( Google Play - Amazon Appstore )

I'm going to assume you have Verizon or AT&T with an online account. You should ask him and be like, "I got a message from (insert carriers name) saying the bill wasn't paid and for more info goto the online account." Have him log in (you said before you didn't know the password to the online account) and let him look around online, then when he says he can't find anything just say it must have been a computer glitch. As long as he doesn't log out you should be able to go back on the same computer at a later time and view the detailed billing and view his calls and messages (its completely legal). I would watch him type in the password just in case it logs out but it shouldn't be a problem.

I hope if he is cheating on you, you make him pay! There is simply no excuse for cheating on your pregnant wife!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    Super-elite full-time dad

ROM
    Me: WickedSens 4.1.1

03-01-2010, 09:07 PM<------ Epic keeping almost 3 year old thread bouncing along..

My wife and I, after 15 years (as of June 6, 2013), we have this weird thing in our marriage called "trust".

I trust her, she trusts me, we both trust each other. She knows I love her and I know she loves me.

Well a instinct is probably well warranted. I know that there's a program my friend used that will pretty much track his location and all info about him and usage. Yes it is not cheap I think its like 15 bucks a month but if he refuses to let u see call logs or text messages and now has a lock on his phone then I would definately think something is up.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast